Complaint Review: WC Value Plus

• Updated: Mon, September 24, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — San Diego California United States of America
WC Value Plus
unknown Nationwide United States of America

WC Value Plus Unauthorized Access to Debit Card Information, Attempted Monthly Charges of $19.95+, Fraud unknown, Nationwide

I received a phone call this morning from the number 866-379-2003 and was told they were verifying a recent purchase from BargainSeatsOnline.com. Because they knew the name and date of the purchase I assumed they were legitimately confirming that the tickets I purchased had been shipped and would arrive shortly (even though I received them 3 days ago). The representative even asked me about the musical and commented that he had been "meaning to see it when [he] got time off work."

The representative read to me and asked me to confirm my address, phone number, and debit card number. When he asked me for 3-digit security code on the back of the card, I grew more suspicious.

It was at this point that I asked him why it was necessary to confirm my information and he replied by telling me about the WC Value Plus service, claiming that I would receive luxury discounts and a 100$ gas card for a monthly charge of 19.95$. I asked him for the number for unsubscription and hung up. When I called the number it played a recording before reaching a "representative" and conveniently disconnected after one ring.

I researched online and found that it was, in fact, a scam and that every number associated with it disconnected after the recording and a couple of rings.

Since there was no way of canceling the service, I called my bank and canceled my debit card. It still concerns me, however, that they have my home address, email, and phone number.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2012 02:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WC-Value-Plus/nationwide/WC-Value-Plus-Unauthorized-Access-to-Debit-Card-Information-Attempted-Monthly-Charges-o-945940. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WC Value Plus