Complaint Review: WE BEAT PRICES

• Submitted: Tue, January 22, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, January 22, 2013

• Reported By: AlaskaMO — Poplar Bluff Missouri United States of America

WE BEAT PRICES Sent the wrong item THAT WAS BROKEN! Wouldn't return phone calls or reply to website complaints. Internet

I placed an order with "We Beat Prices" and received our package a few days later.  We ordered and paid more for a Stainless Steel model with a black top.  The item that we received was all white with a 4" x 2" shattered hole in the side of it.  I immediately called customer service and left a detailed message and I went to the customer service link on the website and wrote out a detailed explanation of what happened.  Nobody ever responded, so a couple of days later, I repeated the actions taken earlier.  Nobody ever responded.  Again several day's later, I repeated the above actions.  Nobody ever got back with me.  I never received a call or an email or a "prepaid return slip" in the mail.  This went on for weeks.  I finally called the Order hotline and someone answered.  I explained what happened and was put on hold for 10 minutes and hung up on, calling back, I was put on hold again for 10 minutes and hung up.  I called back and he explained that I had received an upgrade due to the item that I ordered being out of stock and that this was not refundable.  He tried to convince me that I got a great deal in this "upgrade".  I explained to him that is was not the color that I ordered and that the base was SHATTERED!  He said that I could pay ($24) to mail it back to him and that he would mail me another one.  Well, I had already been shown how trustworthy that he was (hanging up on me multiple times / not responding to any inquiries previously made / sending a broken product / sending me the wrong color product) I wasn't about to spend another $24 in addition to the $140 that I have already spent, just to get ripped off again.  They refused to pay for the return shipping for a broken product that was not what I ordered.  Instead he said that he'd mail me a replacement bottom for the broken base.  I don't really believe him, because during our 15 minute conversation he had to ask me what my name and address was 4 different times.  We'll see what happens.  VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!  DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2013 12:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WE-BEAT-PRICES/internet/WE-BEAT-PRICES-Sent-the-wrong-item-THAT-WAS-BROKEN-Wouldnt-return-phone-calls-or-reply-1001232. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WE BEAT PRICES