Complaint Review: WE Energies

WE Energies Refusal of service for no good reason. Milwaukee, , Wisconsin

*Author of original report: Update

*Consumer Comment: You tell Bobby

*Consumer Comment: Don't think so

As the caretaker of my elderly mother who is a terminally ill cancer patient undergoing chemo therapy, it was decided that Mom
needs care beyond what I can give her and so we are looking into getting her into a nursing home. Due to the costs and mom being on SSI and title 19, this hasn't been easy. There are grants out there we are hoping to be approved for.

It apparently isn't going fast enough as far as WE Energies is concerned. In the mean time she will stay with me in my new apartment, where I am the only one on the lease of course, because what else is there to do? Throw her on the street?

Apparently that is what I need to do to get services in MY name with WE. Her name was on the bill at our last place. She got behind in payments and I paid the balance off. Yet they refuse to put new services in MY name because she lives there. I have not had services in my name in a couple of years but my last bill was in good standing. The bill should be in MY name. I am an adult with a job who is willing to take responsibility of the account associated with MY apartment, but they have REFUSED to allow a bill in my name. Instead they opt to keep it in Moms name. The little old sick lady with limited SSI, they can't touch if there is a default in services. (Provided the cancer doesn't kill her before long) As opposed to my paycheck that could be garnished.

Furthermore, they made me take time off work to go fill out an application for services to begin with. I'm jumping through fiery hoops just to get service on an apt and it's ridiculous. It's none of their business who lives with me so long as I'm willing to take responsibility. We're not bill dodging, we owe NO money! In fact WE owes us money, which is probably the real reason they are
being difficult, they are hoping the little old lady dies before she can make them refund the deposit they sneakily placed on a bill that was paid... surprise surprise by me!!!! Not that neither my nor my familys life is ANY of their business. FACT: Neither I nor my mother owe WE any money. FACT: My mother is not on my lease. Everything is in my name. FACT: WE Energies owes my mother money and that is why they refuse to put service in my name, because then they would have to pay it back to her.  They are a monopoly who has used tactics like this for years, preying on the poor and playing the part of Big Brother.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2012 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WE-Energies/Milwaukee-Wisconsin-53203/WE-Energies-Refusal-of-service-for-no-good-reason-Milwaukee-Wisconsin-895803. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WE Energies

Update

AUTHOR: Dani - (United States of America)

A "Team Leader" has now called me and apologized. She explained there was confusion with the deposit and what to do. The service is now in my name... as it should be.

You tell Bobby

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

Yes Bobby this will get service in the apartment, good chance we have Team Rebutt

Don't think so

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You are not telling the full story.

First off if you are the only one on the lease in your new Apartment, and you were not on the account at your old place how did they even find out that your Mom was living with you?

Next your title states that they are refusing service, yet it only appears that they are refusing service in YOUR name.  What is the real reason it is such an issue for you to have service in your name?  I don't think it is just the deposit because it sounds like even if they refunded the deposit that you say is owed I would bet they would just require another one from you.

What in the world took so long to where you actually had to take off work to fill out an application?  I doubt you were not just applying for regular service.  Perhaps a rate reduction or other assistance?

So you want to stick with this story?