• Submitted: Fri, February 29, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, February 29, 2008

• Reported By:Bayside New York
2800 Kendallwood Parkway, Ste. D KANSAS CITY, Missouri U.S.A.

The Wealth Information Network company is an internet business geared toward helping people become Real Estate Investors. Initially I was open to participating in this business after reading a book on real estate foreclosures by Lance Young, a reputable real state investor. I spoke to him on the phone asking him for mentorship.

The next day(12/08/2007), a sales representative from WIN named Scott Lundgren called me to get registered into the program. He was nice and asked me a few questions regarding some of my dreams and aspirations. He also said that the company DOES NOT work with just anyone. In hindsight, this statement seemed like it was a sales gimmick to make me feel that I was a special case. He then asked what my credit line was. I purchased the program for $5,1950.00.

At this point, I should have been suspicious but I continued because I spoke with Lance Young. Later on, I found out that the company uses Lance Young's name to get people to sign up, although he has nothing to do with this program.

I then spoke to Rachel, the service assistant, a few days later. She set up an appointment with another representative who helped set up my computer in order to participate in the internet classes. Afterwards, they emailed me several e-books. Up to this point, things seemed fine. This internet program was for a six-month period. Each class was once a week for an hour. The actual teaching sessions were only for four weeks. They also had an unlimited phone service hotline within the six-month period. All of this sounded great before I got started. But I soon found out that the information provided was very vague and uninformative. The phone access was very impersonal.

Each time I called, I would speak to a different representative who each had very different views and advice on how I should do things. This confused me even more. In a profession that requires great knowledge and precision, I only received mixed information.

After much consideration, I called and spoke to Mark Varone towards the end of January to get a refund. Immediately, he sounded very frustrated, refusing to give back a refund. So after arguing on the phone, he offered a different program that would be more personal, one-on-one coaching. I asked him why he didn't offer this program from the beginning. He said that 90% of the people preferred the initial non-personal program. But if they never offered this program from the beginning, how could they know what people wanted? Where did he get the 90% fact from anyway?!

At this point, the conversation was going nowhere, so I reluctantly agreed to start the new one-on-one program shortly. After I decided to do the new program, I felt very uneasy with our conversation which lead me to do some research on the company. On the website, RIPOFFREPORT.COM, I read several complaints about this company. Others had the same bad experience that I had. I also took a look at the BBB (Better Business Bureau) that had numerous complaints, some of them still unresolved.

This is when I lost trust in the company and the product it offered. I could not continue education with a company I could not trust. I called Marc Varone to ask for a refund for the second time. With frustration, he proceeded to tell me the same things as in our first conversation, concluding without a refund.

At the end, I felt the company was very manipulating, dishonest and misleading in their service. I felt disrespected by the tone in which Marc Varone, the WIN manager, spoke to me. The way they handled this situation was very unprofessional.

Bayside, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/29/2008 08:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WEALTH-INFORMATION-NETWORK/KANSAS-CITY-Missouri-64119/WEALTH-INFORMATION-NETWORK-USELESS-INVESTING-INFORMATON-SCAM-KANSAS-CITY-Missouri-313252. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WEALTH INFORMATION NETWORK