Complaint Review: WELLS FARGO FINANCIAL

• Submitted: Fri, June 08, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, June 29, 2008

• Reported By:CHINO HILLS California
WELLS FARGO FINANCIAL
12194 Central CHINO, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 909-465-5565
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

WELLS FARGO FINANCIAL WELLS FARGO FINANCIAL LOANSHARKS CHINO HILLSCHINO California

*Consumer Suggestion: Wells Fargo consumer

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I'm surprised you were able to reach any top dogs at Wells Fargo - they usually manage to evade customers with complaints

*Consumer Suggestion: Always have an attorney or pay for their time

*Consumer Suggestion: if you don't do closeing for a living you need an attorney

*Author of original report: CLOSING ATTORNEY

*Author of original report: PHILLIP, I FEEL FOR YOU

*Consumer Suggestion: when you closed did you not have a closeing attorney??

*UPDATE Employee: Philip I feel for you

*Author of original report: MS INDEPENDENT YOU ARE WRONG...AGAIN

*Author of original report: MS INDEPENDENT HAS HER HEAD SO FAR UP HER A** SHE HAS S* FOR BRAINS!!!

*Consumer Comment: Ms. Independent is full of crap

*Consumer Comment: Ms. Independent is full of crap

*UPDATE Employee: Wells Fargo Financial To The Rescue

In 2006 I made the biggest mistake of my life by allowing Wells Fargo Financial to payoff some consumer debts and refinance my 1st and 2nd mortgage loans, which had a 5.25 adj. mortgage rate, and potentially
negative amt. However, my monthly payment of $3000 also paid my taxes and insurance.

Wells offered me what I thought was a good fixed loan, but in reality was a big ripoff which I didn't fully understand until the loan closed. No one at Wells had the integrity or business ethic to discourage this loan or deny it because it doubled my mortgage payment, and cost me almost %29,000 in points which was NEVER disclosed during the loan process, in addition I ended up with an 8% fixed loan and payment of $5720, which does not include taxes or ins.

I tried to re-finance this loan with Wells, but of course the property value was too low, albeit they probably over evaluated the property to make this loan.

This is a case of poor irresponsible "Predatory Lending" to minorities. I am angry and am trying my best to get out of this Wells loan. They have truly violated their own guidelines. The manager and salesman should be put in jail.

I am through with Wells Fargo Financial.

Phillip
CHINO HILLS, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2007 02:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WELLS-FARGO-FINANCIAL/CHINO-California-91710/WELLS-FARGO-FINANCIAL-WELLS-FARGO-FINANCIAL-LOANSHARKS-CHINO-HILLSCHINO-California-1028884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WELLS FARGO FINANCIAL

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Wells Fargo consumer

AUTHOR: J - (U.S.A.)

For the Wells Fargo employee who states Wells Fargo does not do appraisals and no one knows what again?I have a appraisal from Wells Fargo that was done by Wells Fargo when I purchased my home.I paid Wells Fargo $400.00 for this so called appraisal and when I sent a real appraiser who was certified by my great state of New York,he was told Wells Fargo had already done the appraisal and he was not needed.

I purchased my property based on the Wells Fargo appraisal that I was promised and this was represented by the Wells Fargo loan officer to be done and in fact,the realtor was present during this appraisal, stated by the loan officer.I requested a copy of this appraisal and I was promisesd by the loan officer and realtor and even the lawyer I paid for that it would be sent to me but my property appraised out very high and I was getting a good deal due to the sellers needing to get out from under it over a divorce.

I called Wells Fargo after nearly six months had gone by after my purchase for the appraisal.It was then that I learned Wells Fargo took my $400.00, held onto it all this time, and never performed on a appraisal but instead decided I did not need one and provided me with a Rel's report!So what is this Rel's report? Who did it and where does it come from? This is what was passed off as an appraisal not only by Wells Fargo but the realtor,the loan officer and my very own lawyer who by the way, was Wells Fargo's lawyer too.I paid for both of us.

It was nice for Wells Fargo to refund 325.00 of my appraisal money a year later that I paid in advance,not rolled into closing cost. And they kept 75.00 for this Rel's report.Not caring about my position as a buyer at all. My purchase contract was based on the out come of the appraisal.The bottom line is, I have learned who and what the Rel's report is.The truth folks: WELLS FARGO OWNS IT.THEY ALSO OWN THERE OWN FORCED PLACED INSURANCE COMPANIES,THERE OWN MARKETING REPORTING COMPANIES FOR THE SECURITIES THEY SELL, AND THE APPRAISAL COMPANY WHO DOES THE APPRAISALS for them and they will not allow other appraisers to do them and if you do not use theres,you will not get the loan.

Yes, I have also learned that the home I purchased is worth half of what I paid for it at the time I paid for.It has nothing to do with 2008 and the price drops in real estate.This house was priced low because I have also learned since then that house that I moved my family into is sitting on a toxic waste dump.We could all end up with cancer.

So tell me employee of Wells Fargo, are you really being kept in the dark or are you just stating that you are not allowed to admit the concealments, frauds and dishonest and deceptive trade practices conducted by Wells Fargo?I would also add, I had no intentions of doing any business with Wells Fargo and in fact I was tricked by the realtor,loan officer and even the lawyer.I had a different company who I have done a honest business with on home buying and because of a time factor,I felt bullied and forced into this loan with Wells Fargo.Oh, did I add,yes,I have filed suit.....

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Wellsfargoinjustice.com - (U.S.A.)

I'm glad you were able to reach a top dog at Wells Fargo to discuss your situation. Of course, whether they take effective action is another story!

All consumers with complaints should contact individual Wells Fargo officers or departments directly regarding their complaints - the phone numbers and email addresses for numerous Wells Fargo departments and employees are at http://www.wellsfargoinjustice.com-a.googlepages.com/email. Eventually, Wells Fargo's top dogs may respond to complaints if they are bombarded with thousands of them.

Please let us know what sort of response (if any) you receive from Chairman Dick Kovacevich or others at Wells Fargo. And if you know how to contact specific Wells Fargo employees who are not currently listed at www.wellsfargoinjustice.com, please send us this information. We will be happy to include it on our website.

Good luck!

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Always have an attorney or pay for their time

AUTHOR: Cat - (U.S.A.)

You are right and wrong. Most people either have attorneys at closing or like we did our attorney( it does not cost much to have one look over your closing papers) looked over our loan before we closed the deal. It is as you have found the hard way ALWAYS WORTH having an attorney to look over the loan. The small fee charged could have kept you from making such a huge mistake.

Paying offf high interest rate CC's is not the way to go regadless of what loan bankers will tell you. Now you get the honor of paying for you steak that you charged a year ago for the next what 156-30 yrs? i do not remember how long you took out this loan for. BTW,you "rolled in" the credit card debit into your loan you did not actually pay them off. That is another myth they feed you.

You have learned what not to do. Once the market springs back to life and the value of your home increases( see another reason not to roll in debt cause the loan is now more than what your home is worth. If this was only about house debt you would be in a different senerio) and you have not taken out more credit cards and you have worked on paying off any outstanding debt, in about 3 yrs you should qualify for a TRADITIONAL mortgage with no points and no origination fees!

I truly hope that things look up in the future and I know this has been an awful expierecne. Live and learn and above all..........Don't make the same m istake twice!

Cat

#4 Consumer Suggestion

if you don't do closeing for a living you need an attorney

AUTHOR: Lambmit - (U.S.A.)

If you do not know the closeing process inside and out, you need an closeing attorney to read the papers and tell you what the papers are saying. I am not going to automatically blame the bank on charging your 8% on a mortage. You should have seen that in the documents or shop around for a better rate.

CLOSING ATTORNEY

AUTHOR: Phillip - (U.S.A.)

NO WE DID NOT, AND MAYBE WE SHOULD HAVE. YOU ARE RIGHT, NO ONE FORCED US TO DO ANYTHING, BUT AN ATTORNEY WOULDN'T BE NECCESSARY IF THE CROOKED BASTARDS AT WELLS HAD ANY INTEGRITY AND ETHICS. YOU KNOW RIGHT WELL MOST LOANS ARE CLOSED WITHOUT AN ATTORNEY EXCEPT MAYBE IN OTHER STATES WHERE THE WHOLE REAL ESTATE TRANSATION IS DONE BY ATTORNEYS.

PHILLIP, I FEEL FOR YOU

AUTHOR: Phillip - (U.S.A.)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HONESTY...I HAD WRITTEN LETTERS TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE IN SAN FRAN AND DES MOINES TO TELL THEM OF THE TACTICS DECEPTIVE PRACTICES OF THEIR EMPLOYEES. OF COURSE IT FELL ON DEAF EARS....AFTER SO MANY COMPLAINTS, I DID GET A FAVORABLE RESPONSE FROM THE PRESIDENT WHO PUT ME IN TOUCH WITH A PERSON WHO REPORTS ONLY TO THE BIG BOSS. HE EVEN TOLD ME THAT THIS WAS NOT A GOOD LOAN FOR MY SITUATION AND ADMITTED THAT THE OFFICERS FAILED TO CREATE A BIG PICTURE OF THE POTENTIAL PITFALLS WHICH HAVE OCCURRED. I WILL EITHER TRY AND SELL THIS HOUSE OR WALK AWAY FROM IT IN ORDER TO GET OUT OF THIS MESS WITH WELLS. I HOPE THAT YOU WILL BE HONEST AND SHOW SOME INTEGRITY WHEN DEALING WITH CUSTOMERS. LET THEM KNOW THE WHOLE STORY, FORGET ABOUT MAKING YOUR QUOTA. BELIEVE ME, YOU WILL BE REMEMBERED AS A DECENT PERSON WITH INTEGRITY IF YOU TELL SOMEBODY, "NO THIS IS NOT IN YOUR BEST INTEREST." RATHER THAN GET POINTS AND COMMISSION. THE PERSON AT CHINO WAS ALLEN AND THE MANAGER WAS JEREMY AND I CAN'T REMEMBER WHO THE CROOKED REGIONAL MANAGER WAS, BUT BETWEEN ALL THREE OF THOSE CROOKS, THEY SHOULD ALL BE SHOT!!...NEITHER OF THOSE GUYS HAD THE DECENCY OR INTEGRITY TO BE HONEST AND EXPLAIN THE LOAN IN DETAIL. HAD THEY DONE THAT, WE WOULDN'T BE CORRESPONDING. THEY KNOW I HAD A MUCH BETTER PRODUCT WITH WORLD SAVINGS, BUT DIDN'T HAVE THE INTEGRITY TO SAY IT. MY BIGGEST MISTAKE WAS AGREEING TO MEET WITH THEM AND DISCUSS MY SITUATION. BUYER BEWARE OF WELLS FARGO FINANCIAL..

MR. J

#7 Consumer Suggestion

when you closed did you not have a closeing attorney??

AUTHOR: Lambmit - (U.S.A.)

When you closed on the loan did you not have a closeing attorney look at the docutment? No one forced you to sign the loan.

Philip I feel for you

AUTHOR: Wff - (U.S.A.)

Hi Phillip,

I read your report and I must say that is absolutely true. Im currently employed with WFF and in my defense along with the many unsuspecting new hires, I would've never taken this job in a million years had I known what this was all about. Your report hit home with me because I am from your area. I don't want to say which branch I'm with since I'm still trying to find a way out of this hell hole, but let's just say I am very familiar with that branch you mentioned.

I no longer work at that Chino Branch but I think I have a feeling who your salesperson was. Was your sales person a girl? If so, what was her name? This girl has had many complaints I heard because of her unethical practices to simply make her numbers. After prospecting a lead on the phone, even though the customer would say no, she would still proceed and take an application and pull credit just to make her numbers on our lead system. What's sad is most of her victims are spanish speaking and do not have a fighting chance if they ever complained about anything because it would be her "better english" vs the poor borrower who trusted her in the first place.

So why am I working for satan at the moment? Let me explain what they do when they hire. During the interview you're promised a lot of new leads monthly all from interested Wells Fargo customers who have opted in to hear of any new products Wells has to offer to them. We are told that they are a full service lender so there wouldnt be any pressure to sell just a mortgage and would be helping give the customer "whats best for them". We are told that opportunity to advance within a huge established bank is there.

Here's the truth for all who may be considering working there:

1. The leads are not new! They are recycled leads that are shared among all the branches within a certain district/region. Even if the lead is taken out after a customer refuses to take an application, it will pop up in someone's screen the next day vs. 45days like the system says. The true victim here is the Wells Fargo customer who will be hammered every week (in some cases everyday) with calls by different Credit managers from different locations trying to get you to drive there.

2. There is a quota that is expected that we must do. At the moment it is 15 products monthly. 4 of them must be autos. 3 must be mortgages. and the rest credit cards to maximize your commission of 3000. Here's how the "top producers" do it... If a customer is approved for everything we will stick them first with 2 high interest rate bank cards. One is a crapinum card that has an average interest rate of 18% with a $20 annual fee and the other horrible product is a cash on demand card that has an avg rate of 23%. We will tell the customer that they get both as part of a "platinum package" and this would help establish a relationship with Wells Fargo which is what I was told the Chino branch does over there. After the customer gets suckered and signs, we will then pitch them the infamous 160LTV auto loan on a car that they will most likely replace in a couple years. We tell them that this would be great to consolidate the bills they have now into a simple interest loan today and skip their first payment for 45 days. This would also be a safety net in the event their mortgage loan fell through. Once thats done we will fax up their income documentation to attempt to get an approval for another crappy product, our mortgage for the 1st and a Nowline HELOC. We will payoff the auto loan as part of the payoffs and then charge up to 4 points to get the rate about 1% away from a similar loan from your local credit union with no points. We will then proceed to start the docs on our Nowline HELOC and tell the customer to "just put this card away in your dresser for an emergency". This Nowline credit card has an average rate of 12% and an annual fee of $100 on average. Count that all up and you just sold 5 units of one customer! The saddest part of it all is the customer was never looking for all that in the first place. They were probably told that they would have multiple options to choose from to better the current product they have now.

3. Opportunity to advance is the biggest joke in the world. You will advance if you have no soul and do things the shady way with customers. However, once you get to assistant manager, its all politics from there. Unless you have a big chest in our region, you're not making branch manager anytime soon. It's seriously like high school here... you have to be in the "in" crowd to be protected.

It all makes sense to me now why this company loves to hire fresh college graduates... it's because they're easier to mold since they do not know better. As bad as the mortgage industry might sound with names like "New Century" and "Argent", they at least worked like a real legit job and gave people a chance to advance. After coming from the latter I have come to realize that Wells Fargo Financial is a big joke and that from the District Managers down, they are all idiots with no true managing experience. They are unprofessional and on a power trip because they started not knowing anything else but the Wells Fargo way. Just Aholes breeding more Aholes. I hope someone cracks down on this company because I cant see how some of these people sleep soundly at night after blatently screwing over good people who entrusted them to better their financial situation.

And for the possible new hires... you're probably asking "if i dont max out my units, what if I do my 4 autos and 11 bank cards? will I get a thousand in commission instead of 3000?" Well how about......0! That's right, you will screw 15 people over and if you dont close that Real estate loan its a big whopping 0. Im writing this because if I can save even one person from going in this hell hole then it will not be in vain.

MS INDEPENDENT YOU ARE WRONG...AGAIN

AUTHOR: Phillip - (U.S.A.)

YOU SAY THERE IS NO PRE-PAYMENT ON THIS LOAN...NOT SO. I HAVE A THREE YEAR PREPAYMENT PERIOD WHICH MOST BANKS HAVE ONLY A TWO YEAR PEROD, AND BETWEEN THE PRE-PAYMENT AND LOAN FEES, I COULD HAVE PAID OFF ALL MY DEBTS!!!...I TOLD YOU THE TRUTH THAT THIS WAS A CROOKED LOAN, AND YOU ARE A BRAINWASHED JERK WHO WORKS FOR A COMPANY THAT MAKES IT'S LIVING SCREWING AND RIPPING PEOPLE OFF. YOU OUGHT TO QUIT AND GET A JOB HELPING PEOPLE AVOID COMPANIES LIKE WELLS FARGO...OR SHOULD BE KNOWN AS FROM THE PIT OF HELL WELLS FARGO!!

MS INDEPENDENT HAS HER HEAD SO FAR UP HER A** SHE HAS S* FOR BRAINS!!!

AUTHOR: Phillip - (U.S.A.)

YOU SAY I GOT A BETTER LOAN THAN I HAD WITH WORLD SAVINGS?? BULLTWINKE!! IT'S NO WONDFER THE NAACP HAS FILED A LAWSUIT AGAINST YOU CROOKS. ANY RESPONSIBLE LENDER WOULD HAVE NEVER PRESENTED A LOAN THAT RAISED THE INTEREST RATE AND DOUBLED MY PAYMENT. MY CC BILLS AND DEBTS WELLS PAID OFF DID NOT COME NEAR THE ADDITIONAL $3300 MORE FOR THIS LOAN. NOT TO MENTION THE TAXES AND INSURANCE WHICH WERE

INCLUIDED IN MY WORLD PAYMENT OF 2400 A MONTH, NOT INCLUDED IN THE WELLS PAYMENT. A HIGH RANKING WELLS OFFICER I HAVE DEALT WITH TOLD ME THAT THIS WAS NOT THE LOAN FOR ME AND HE ADMITTED THAT THE OFFICERS SHOULD HAVE LOOKED AT THE LONG TERM RATHER THAN THE SHORT TERM, AND NEVER RECOMMENDED THIS LOAN BECAUSE IT WAS SURE TO CAUSE UNDUE HARDSHIP. FURTHERMORE, I KNOW WE DIDN'T QUALIFY FOR THIS LOAN.

BOTTOMLINE, I AM WORSE OFF WITH THIS LOAN BECAUSE I CAN'T RETIRE AS PLANNED UNLESS I WALK AWAY FROM THIS HOUSE. I CURSE THE DAY I TALKED TO WELLS FARGO BANK ABOUT THIS LOAN. WORSE DAY OF MY LIFE! THE PROOF IS THERE, WELLS FARGO FINANCIAL BANK IS NOTHING BUT A LOAN SHARK RIPPING OFF CONSUMERS. YOU OUGHT BE PUT THROWN IN JAIL AND PUT OUT OF BUSINESS! CONSUMER BEWARE!

MR. JACKSON
(((ROR redacted)))

Ms. Independent is full of crap

AUTHOR: Shelley - (U.S.A.)

Wells Fargo does not care about anything but the bottom line, and they are not trying to improve anyone's credits scores, are your crazy??? They harass people even before payments are due. They are nuts!!!! I filed a complaint with the Texas Attorney General's office this evening because I made my auto payment online, but that was not enough to stop the harassment (according to the really intelligent customer service rep that called to harass me tonight, it does not matter that my payment is made, I still need to be harassed because he is too STUPID to look it up with my confirmation number). They called over 6 times today even after I told them this weekend that the payment was already made online and gave them the confirmation number. Funny thing with Wells is that the confirmation number for payments means nothing to them, why the HELL do they give one???? I hope Wells' execs get it straight up the *ss for their evil behavior. I'm thinking about parking my car at one of their branches, giving my keys to them and dealing with whatever consequences follow just to get them out of my life even though I'm current on my loan. They have affected my mental and physical health even though I've never been more than a couple of weeks past-due (and ONLY 2 times in the past year). They are financial terrorists. I will keep sending complaints to all the government agencies I can and hope someone finally deals with these a-holes. I can't wait till Bush is out of office, he's apparently overlooked these homeland terrorists. Their day will come.

Ms. Independent is full of crap

AUTHOR: Shelley - (U.S.A.)

Wells Fargo Financial To The Rescue

AUTHOR: Ms. Independent - (U.S.A.)

As a loyal employee of Wells Fargo Financial, I would like to take a second to defend what is only right and clarify some misunderstandings that the gentleman above has had as well as any other consumers reading.

First and foremost, it is illegal and impossible for Wells Fargo Financial to balloon appraisals to get mortgages to budget and/or book. All of our appraisals are done by a centralized appraisal system, meaning that we are not allowed to contact the appraisers ourself, they dont know any loan information, and we are not allowed to dispute the values of homes that the appraisal values them at.

The fact of the matter is that we are currently living in a depreciating home market at the moment, or in other words a "buyers" market. When your neighbors around you sell their house for less than it is worth, it brings the value of your home down, unfortunately.

More times than not, the appraisals are coming back so low that we end up eating more costs of appraisals than we are able to refinance homes.

What makes Wells Fargo Financial different from any other bank or financial institute, is that we are more aggressive with our loans and are able to go a higher loan to value into the house (to help improve credit) without charging PMI (Primary Mortgage Insurance that banks and other lenders charge when you are higher than 80% loan to value of your house).

Our nitche is helping people with poor credit to improve their credit or put them in an overall better financial situation through restructuring their debt.

For instance, you said that your old mortgage payment was $3000 with 5.75% ARM, and we gave you an 8% Fixed and your payment is $5000. What you failed to mention, was that we probably paid off a ton of credit card debt or collections, which was probably at an interest rate of at least 16%, and used your home to secure the debt. After doing this, you now have one payment with WFF, instead of 20 payments for all of your other bills. If you look at a cost/benefit analysis, Im sure it greatly paid off.

You have to look at the big picture. What was your overall budget before, meaning, what were you paying out montly for everything? I bet it was a lot more than $5000. If you look at an amoritization schedule, you will be paying off all the revolving credit card debt at about 6X the pase by putting it in with your mortgage and/or cutting the term to your mortgage. If you dont put revolving debt (credit card debt) on a set term or an installment loan (such as how vehicles loans are set up), it will take you YEARS of paying far more in INTEREST to those companies to pay them off.

My point is, that we are not allowed to do any loans or even get them looked at by our underwriters unless there is a tangible benefit and the debt ratio is below 50% after the loan. Some examples of our tangible benefits include: reducing your payments by a min of $100/month, taking you off an interest only loan, cutting the term to your mortgage, ect.

The fact that the sales associate failed to tell you abruptly about points (which you have the option to choose 0-4 points, obviously the interest rate would be higher without points) is probably a poor salesman. Our company charges points to cover the cost of the loan. Like I stated early, we do not charge PMI and there are NO pre-payment penalties, so I guess in the end, it evens out at the very least.

The fact of the matter is, as soon as your application got changed into a Real Estate application, you got sent a RESPA packet (real estate process application) which tells you every cost included in your mortgage, the good faith estimate (estimate of what your charges will be ie: points, appriasal, title recording and releasing), how prime has changed over the years, etc. In other words, you are just as responsible for reading the information given to you, as we are for informing you.

Our company has been in business for 156 years and we are THE ONLY AAA rated bank (which is the best rating). So, we have obviously been so successful and been in business for so long for a reason! WE TRULY HELP PEOPLE

My advise for you is that if the $5000 a month is a tough expense to eat up every month, you should consider biweekly payments. Split the $5000 in half to $2500 and pay bi-weekly. You will be cutting the lifeline of your mortgage as well by doing this because you will be making 2 extra payments a year. Therefore, if you are written on a 30 year mortgage, you will be done in 22 years!

I just hope you get a little bit of a better explanation about how we do business, why we do business, and why we are still so successful, especially with how the market is now. If you have any more questions or concerns or if anyone does reading this, feel free to respond and I will be happy to answer any questions with the best of my knowledge.