Complaint Review: WELLS FARGO HOME MORTGAGE

• Submitted: Thu, November 18, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, November 19, 2010

• Reported By: Sixtrees2 — Plainfield Illinois U.S.A.
WELLS FARGO HOME MORTGAGE
420 Montgomery St. San Francisco, California United States of America

WELLS FARGO HOME MORTGAGE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT AND CEO IGNORANCE OF MODIFICATION (HAMP) HELP; LIARS, SCAMMERS San Francisco, California

*General Comment: wells fargo

*Consumer Comment: Nasty Practice Like QUICKEN LOANS...

Our story is so long / there are so many facets to what has happened to us we could write a book but basically our story is the same as millions of the homeowners that when faced with financial hardship thought they would get help from (this complaint is about Wells Fargo so..) good old Wells Fargo Home Mortgage.  They lie, lie, lie to you, they are unorganized, have no communication skills whatsoever and they ONLY care about the bottom line......their pockets,  which runneth over indeed as we all know and everyone else "be damned".  It is time that we FILE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST these bastards.  They have it coming and they must pay for the HELL they put millions of people through.  OVER TWO YEARS AGO our situation started off as many; the loss of income. I saw a challenge coming in making the mortgage payment so I called to ask for assistance AHEAD OF TIME.  They told me they would help/they cared about us keeping our home......blablabla....and to submit paperwork which I did the very next day (my husband was/is still employed; I was the one to lose income). I called in every other day as they wanted and they always were needing another document, blablabla....I was constantly faxing things in. Then I heard about the HAMP plan.  To qualify for that you had to be 2 months behind at least with the mortgage.  I thought that would be perfect for us since we were having difficulties. I asked about it and they said we were not qualified for it.  Every time I asked why they gave me some BS reason.  Well I still knew we qualified for it so I would hang up and call back and talk to someone else; I kept getting different answers that didn't make sense!!. They also would tell me it takes at least 45 days to get an answer but "keep calling every other day" which I did.

One day I called in to get information and we were qualified for the HAMP! I thought "Hallelujah! this nightmare is over!!" Well....NOT! We received and signed all of the paperwork and promptly returned them. The next 3 months we made our new payments on time (I even set them to be electroncially withdrawn).  We were so happy! After the 3 month trial period we heard nothing about the permanent modification so I would keep calling to see what was going on.  I was told to keep making the "old" payments which we did.  Then when I called in one day they said we were denied for the HAMP because "the investors do not participate in the program"! I THOUGHT I WOULD JUST SCREAM at that point! How could they deny something that THEY put us into. I have written 2 letters to Mr. John Stumpf who is CEO and President of Wells Fargo.  My first letter was written and acknowledged by his office within 3 days!  I thought for sure we would be ok - they had one of the workers in the "office of the president" working with me.  She made it sound like we were going to be just fine (we really got along well actually) She started out "gung h*o" to help me then she dropped out of the picture real fast.  She told me she would call me at a certain time and then not call at all..So then I wrote a second letter about 2 weeks ago and it was answered promptly and a message was left on my machine that a certain woman would be handling our case and would call us within 1 business day.

NO PHONE CALLS YET........IT HAS BEEN 2 WEEKS!! I have called her and left a message EVERY DAY and nothing...no returned calls.....nothing! Today we received a letter asking for our "back payments" (they took our real payment amount from 2 years ago and deducted what we actually paid (loan mod. payments) and now we owe the difference PLUS LATE FEES for a lovely total of $17,000.00.  If we do not pay this by next month our home will be put into foreclosure.  I know letters are generated automatically but we don't know if this is true because THEY WILL NOT RETURN PHONE CALLS! I have to find another number at that office and call them. Also in the meantime I was laid off from my job so it is crucial that we get that loan mod. amount (it works for us) - they are wanting a payment that is $300.00 more than the HAMP mod. payment and I am not even working.....duh how do they come up with that figure..SO...it seems to me that even writing the PRESIDENT OF WELLS FARGO is doing NOTHING.  I am calling them and writing my 3rd letter to Wells Fargo if I get nowhere tomorrow.  I would welcome comments!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2010 09:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WELLS-FARGO-HOME-MORTGAGE/San-Francisco-California-94104/WELLS-FARGO-HOME-MORTGAGE-OFFICE-OF-THE-PRESIDENT-AND-CEO-IGNORANCE-OF-MODIFICATION-HAMP-663793. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WELLS FARGO HOME MORTGAGE

#1 General Comment

wells fargo

AUTHOR: anthony - (United States of America)

please contact the Comptroller of the Currency Administrator of National Bank or the web @www.helpwithmybank.gov good luck we are going through the same thing

Nasty Practice Like QUICKEN LOANS...

AUTHOR: Bman - (United States of America)

I have been scammed out of a $500 deposit for absolutely NOTHING! I suffered greatly at this time since I was refinancing to get some cash out to handle credit card bills. This sent me into a payment cycle I have yet to recover from and I find that I am far from being alone! The company that caused me suffering is QUICKEN LOANS. Avoid them like the plague! Here is a site where you can create a detailed report and hopefully do some good: