Complaint Review: WELLS FARGO wellsfargo.com

• Submitted: Mon, September 10, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, September 10, 2012

• Reported By: beaware — los angeles California USA
WELLS FARGO wellsfargo.com

WELLS FARGO wellsfargo.com Racist Racism Racial Profiling Harassment Bad Poor Customer Service , Internet

Wells has been sued 175 Million for making racist "ghetto loans" and taking advantage of low income people of all races.

I had a very strange and what I feel was a racist experience with Wells. I opened an account online and deposited 20,000.  A month later, I  went into the branch and tried to do some basic banking . I made a deposit and was instructed that I could not make a deposit without a special stamp costing over 30.00. I was asked to leave the line and basically forced to speak with a new accounts banker. She interrogated me as to why I had so much money.  20,000 is not a fortune and In my case represents a fraction of my assets. She keep staring at me while asking personal and business questions. A few days later, I received a letter saying my account was going to be closed. Wells said "we made a business decision" . This was after begging me to do bill pay and to set up direct payments. They also repeatedly called to set up a merchant account for my business. I'm so happy I did not do anything with them. Everything was great until I went into the bank. I'm a professional , clean cut business owner and I was changing from Charles Schwab bank simply because Wells has more branches. Wells offered no reason except "a business decision" Another aspect that seems strange is that when I called about the "closed accounts" every customer service person was extremely rude. I'm sure my account was "coded". At the time of this writing, Wells does not want to give me a time frame of when they'll return my money.  After that experience, I opened a Chase account and couldn't be happier. I visit all of the local branches without issue.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2012 05:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WELLS-FARGO-wellsfargocom/internet/WELLS-FARGO-wellsfargocom-Racist-Racism-Racial-Profiling-Harassment-Bad-Poor-Customer-Se-939275. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WELLS FARGO wellsfargo.com