Complaint Review: WESTERN UNION

• Reported By: Travelinggal — Herndon Virginia USA
WESTERN UNION
www.westernunion.com P.O. Box 4430 Bridgeton, Missouri United States of America

WESTERN UNION Honor your commitments Western Union! Bridgeton, Missouri

There is no honor among thieves at Western Union!

I paid $114.99 (100.00 + a 14.99 transfer fee) to send money "quick collect" which is alleged to deliver money within 15 minutes. My brother was stranded with no money for food or shelter for 5 days because he was denied access to any money from multiple Western Union locations. I had to get on a train and hand carry money to Pennsylvania because their offices would not deliver the money.

I told WU I was disappointed and upset with paying for a service fee for a service I did not receive. During a lengthy phone call I told the Customer Service call center agent Nazaha #588, and supervisor Yogesh that the Western Union offices in Philadelphia were down or closed altogether. I eventually racked up some heavy phone charges trying to get my money back and waiting on hold for long periods of time. One location, the K-Mart on Market St. said their Western Union had been down for more than a month, and some locations on the companys website did not exist. I explained to custivir sirviz of my brother's desperate situation and they robotically said "he should have called" several times. They didn't tell me how a person can call when they don't have a phone. I did have the $100.00 I tried to send refunded back to me at the location I sent it from in Virginia.

I was told Corporate Headquarters would review the case, but operators said several times that there was "no guarantee" of a transfer fee refund. It is not my fault that Western Union locations in the area were not in working order. I care if my family lives or dies, eats or goes hungry. I spoke to Lucy #0624, and was pleased that she understood my issue and cared. However, she said the financial services Corporate HQ office in St. Charles, MO had denied the request and I could write or fax them. I wrote to Western Union, who replied by sending a blank page with refund denied written on it. When I pay for a service I expect a company to honor their commitments and pony up the services I purchased. When they fail to do that I deserve to have my money refunded when they are incapable of delivering.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2009 01:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WESTERN-UNION/PO-Box-4430-Bridgeton-Missouri-63044/WESTERN-UNION-Honor-your-commitments-Western-Union-Bridgeton-Missouri-492557. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WESTERN UNION