Complaint Review: WESTERN UNION

• Updated: Sun, July 12, 2009

• Reported By:Houston Texas
WESTERN UNION
www.westernunion.com Internet U.S.A.

WESTERN UNION "THE ULTIMATE HASSLE WHEN YOU NEED TO SEND MONEY!" NATIONWIDE/WORLDWIDE THEY'RE BAD Internet

Saturday, July 11, 2009 I made an attempt to send money via Western Union on line money transfer system. After I had filled out all the necessary information and hit send the website directs me to call 877-989-3268 to complete the transaction. I called, spoke to an agent who explains he has to ask me several "credit based" questions to establish my idenity for security purposes, O.K. After a couple of minutes of silence the agent returns to advise me the process is complete and the money is ready to be picked up in W.V. (that was easy,so I thought.)

A moment later the phone rings, it's my friend calling to say he is trying to pick up the money but his ID was a Federal Document not the required state ID , and they won't release the money. I asked to speak to the agent he was dealing with. As I was speaking with the agent, he exclaimed "the MTCN (money transfer control number) had just disappeared from the screen." No number No Money..

I then called the 877 number I had called earlier and spoke to another agent who informed me that Corporate had canceled the transaction. but I could take cash to a WU office and resend. I asked why, the agent had no answer, but did cop an attitude about the whole thing.

I tried again online sending the same amount to a different person this time, same thing, canceled transaction..I called, new agent, another attitude!! I gave Up! or would but they still have a HOLD on my money! My Bank says I can have my money on the 14th, if they release it, if they don't, I have to file a dispute.. WHAT A LOAD... THANKS WESTERN UNION, (oh by the way, IT's MY Money!!!!!!!).

Ron
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2009 01:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WESTERN-UNION/internet/WESTERN-UNION-THE-ULTIMATE-HASSLE-WHEN-YOU-NEED-TO-SEND-MONEY-NATIONWIDEWORLDWIDE-THEY-468824. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WESTERN UNION