Complaint Review: WESTLAKE FINANCIAL SERVICES

• Submitted: Thu, June 21, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, July 08, 2007

• Reported By:BANNING California
WESTLAKE FINANCIAL SERVICES
4751 WILSHIRE BLVD. SUITE 100 LOS ANGELES, California U.S.A.

WESTLAKE FINANCIAL SERVICES RIVERVIEW AUTO CENTER BOUGHT MY CONTRACT BACK FROM WFS. LOS ANGELES California

*Consumer Suggestion: F*$%@#$! finance companies

*Consumer Suggestion: It IS Stalking

After a representative contacted me at my residence and state she was there to pick up my Saturn for Westlake Financial. I responded no you can't have the vehicle without a Court Order. The repoer stated I don't need a Writ or Court Order.

The two female repoers parked down the street from my house, I decided to leave and when I drove away, I immediately had at least four car's chasing me. I emphasize CHASING me.

I found myself haveing to chand and lock the car to a pole, I then learned from Riverview Auto Center, that Westlake Financial was not the Lienholder of the vehicle. However every attempt to explain this to the repoers fell on deft ears.

I called WFS and also told them they were not the Lienholder the CSR stated "so, why didn't you make your payments" I explained to the CSR my wife was hospitalized for pneumonia twice. The CSR stated so where's our vehicle, again I told the CSR that they were not the Lienholder and if they repoed the vehicle it would be Grand Theft Auto. The CSR said so I can send my rep over to pick the car up?.

on 06/12/07 after buying a new truck for cash, I drove the Saturn to Riverview Auto Center in Colton and voluntarily gave the car lot the car, after the car lot presented paperwork confirming the car lot had bought the contract back. as of the date of this posting, I continue to have at least 10 to 18 repoers conducting HIGH PROFILE SURVEILLANCE on my wife, my wifes sister and myself.

Two young hispanic male repoer's driving a black vehicle with Ca License 4RVH055 had written accross their back window in white shoe polish, " WE'RE WATCHING YOU". These repoer's follow me into grocery stores, my bank, when I get gas, if I go into a restaurant and any other place I go.

My wife and I went to a public laundry mat, my wife has a lung disease so she sat in the car, while I was in the laundry mat several of the repoer's in 2-3 cars circled my car with my wife in it like sharks.

I have told the repoers I no longer have the car, and where they can find the car, but hey still harrass me, and I have not had the car for over a week. I left a message for SUZY ROMO the collections manager, on Monday 06/18/2007 to please call me so we could clear this problem up..... no return call, and when I try calling her back I get transferred from person to person to person then to voicemail. I still have 10-18 repoers chasing me.

I stumbled on a parking lot at an outlet mall where I found at least 15 cars that I recognized by license plate number. this was at 07:15 in the morning. These repoers are conducting HIGH PROFILE SURVEILLANCE 24 hours a day 7 days a week. I don't know but since I don't have the collateral any longer this seems like STALKING.

Michael
BANNING, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2007 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WESTLAKE-FINANCIAL-SERVICES/LOS-ANGELES-California-90010/WESTLAKE-FINANCIAL-SERVICES-RIVERVIEW-AUTO-CENTER-BOUGHT-MY-CONTRACT-BACK-FROM-WFS-LOS-AN-255970. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WESTLAKE FINANCIAL SERVICES

#1 Consumer Suggestion

F*$%@#$! finance companies

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

I had the same problem with Toyota. I was making the payments on time but they were posting them late. Then charging me outrageous late fees. But I was sending my payments by Certified Mail Return Receipt. The receipt came back to me signed and the date was well before the due date. So now I am in a war with Toyota over this. I sent them copies of my payment history as well as copies of the signed receipts. We will see what happens.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Rebecca - (U.S.A.)

It does indeed sound like stalking, and I would highly recommend reporting it to the authorities if I were you (or whomever you would report it to). You are not legally allowed to be harrassed or threatened by a collector. I think the Federal Trade Comission is one place you can report things of this nature to, and you could definitely contact an attorney about it, for advice (this may cost a fee, however). Good luck... we are currently victims of this predatory lender "Westfake Financial" as well.

#3 Consumer Suggestion