Complaint Review: WESTPORT AUTO CENTER -CREDIT ACCEPTANC CORPORATION

• Submitted: Sun, August 22, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, August 22, 2004

• Reported By:ST LOUIS Missouri
WESTPORT AUTO CENTER -CREDIT ACCEPTANC CORPORATION
10059 ST CHARLES ROCK RD. Saint ANN, Missouri U.S.A.

WESTPORT AUTO CENTER - CREDIT ACCEPTANCE CORPORATION - SALESMAN BRIAN RIES ripoff WON'T GIVE BACK $900.00 DEPOSIT I PLACE ON CAR, I NEVER SIGNED A FINANCING CONTRACT OR A TITLE CONTRACT Saint ANN Missouri

TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT I PLACED $900.00 DEPOSIT ON A 2001 KIA SPORTAGE 0N 07/31/04. WAS TOLD BECAUSE ALL MY PAPERWORK( BANK STATEMENTS, PAY STUBS, UTILITY BILL) HAVE A PO BOX ADDRESS INSTEAD OF STREET ADDRESS THEY WANTED ME TO SWITCH IT ALL TO MY STREET ADDRESS WHICH I DIDNT WANT TO DO, ON 08/16/04 WAS TOLD THEY COULDNT FINANCE ME.

I ASKED WHEN I COULD COME IN AND GET MY DEPOSIT BACK, WAS TOLD ON FRIDAY 08/20/04 AS THE OWNER COMES IN AND SIGNES CHECKS THEN, I WENT TO CAR LOT ON 08/20/04 AT AROUND 10.15 AM WAS TOLD NO CHECK WAS THERE AND OWNER HADNT COME IN, WOULD BE THE AFTERNOON, I CALLED BACK SAME DAY AT AROUND 5.30PM, WAS TOLD THAT THEY WASNT GOING TO GIVE BACK DEPOSIT, AND THAT I HAD PURCHASED THE CAR AND HAD TO MAKE PAYMENTS ON IT.

EVEN THOUGH I NEVER HAD POSESSION OF THE CAR, NEVER TEST DROVE THE CAR, NOR SIGNED ANY CONTRACT FOR FINANCING WITH CREDIT ACCEPTANCE CORP. OR ANY OTHER FINANCE COMPANY, ANY PAPERS PERTAINING TO TITLE OF THE CAR OR OWNERSHIP OF THE CAR.

THEY ARE A SMALL LOT, PROBABLY NOT MUCH BUSINESS, SO THEY DON'T WANNA LOSE THE $900.00 DEPOSIT I PUT DOWN. I NEED THE $900 DEPOSIT BACK TO PUT ON ANOTHER CAR I PURCHASED ON 08/19/04 AFTER BEING TOLD BY WESTPORT AUTO CENTER THEY COULDNT GET ME FINANCED. I GOT A 2004 CHEVY CAVALIER PREOWNED FROM A GOOD DEALERSHIP THAT GOT ME FINANCED IN 2 HOURS WITH SAME PAPERWORK I TOOK TO WESTPORT AUTO CENTER.

ANYONE KNOWING LAW OR EVEN A ATTORNEY WILLING TO HELP ME ON THIS , AND TO RECOVER MY $900.00 PLUS ANYTHING ELSE I CAN SUE THEM FOR(INTREST, LOSS OF WAGES FROM WORK, ANYHTING) WOULD BE GREAT APPRECIATED.

James
ST LOUIS, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2004 08:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WESTPORT-AUTO-CENTER-CREDIT-ACCEPTANC-CORPORATION/Saint-ANN-Missouri-63074/WESTPORT-AUTO-CENTER-CREDIT-ACCEPTANCE-CORPORATION-SALESMAN-BRIAN-RIES-ripoff-WONT-GI-104899. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WESTPORT AUTO CENTER -CREDIT ACCEPTANC CORPORATION