Complaint Review: WESTWOOD COLLEGE

• Updated: Wed, February 08, 2012

• Reported By: Lucille — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
WESTWOOD COLLEGE
1100 or 1000 Spring Street Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

WESTWOOD COLLEGE IN ATLANTA GA Student Loans/Payments/EducationsEducations Atlanta, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Yes, you was robbed, along with countless others

My daughter attended the school from May 2010 to Oct 2010. I was hospitalize in June 2010 my daughter maintain a gpa of 2.6 . When ask to send in my finances it was no problem.
The school had no problem filing for finical aid in October of 2010, then she was ask not to return anymore. I have wrote to the school in her behalf after getting out of the hospital sending paperwork advicing why my daughter's grades fail. For I was in the hospital for nine days two and a half days was spent in
a coma.
The school didn't want to hear it and said she can't return only after they file for the loans/ grants. Theway I found out was when she apply for another school the finical aid didn't go through at first. Now WestWood wantsher to pay them back. The school didn't teach her any of her courses or major. When she enter the new school with a 2.6 gpa she has no problem completing her work now. WestWood was only concern about the money and threw her education to the side.
I'm still getting bills I try to work with them to pay back but I was told that I have to send in 150.00. I also told them my daughter does not work they was like its not our concern.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2012 09:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WESTWOOD-COLLEGE/Atlanta-Georgia-/WESTWOOD-COLLEGE-IN-ATLANTA-GA-Student-LoansPaymentsEducationsEducations-Atlanta-Georg-833839. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WESTWOOD COLLEGE

Yes, you was robbed, along with countless others

AUTHOR: Leroy - (U.S.A.)

Speaking from experience, I can empathize with you and your daughters plight. Westwood College, in my opinion, is a predatory, for profit mistake that many other former students like myself have wished we had never made. You are lucky that Westwood dropped your daughter. I graduated with over $60,000 in outstanding loans with a degree that is worthless, an undervalued education at an Ivy-League price, and college credits that will not transfer. Westwood College refuses to help or return my calls. They got their money now get out of their way kind of attitude. Face it, they lied. Try to pay off the loan, count this as a lesson learned and good luck to you and your daughter.