Complaint Review: WFG - World Financial Group

• Updated: Wed, January 06, 2010

• Reported By: Didn''t buy it — Artesia California United States of America
WFG - World Financial Group
3350 Birch Street Suite 200 Internet United States of America

WFG - World Financial Group Aegon Group, Transamerica Deceptive Business Practices Internet

I was cold called by a Mario at this outfit for a possible position. He never stated whether this was his company or not. The fact that I deal with business people and clients that have their own businesses at first it did not strike me as odd. I thought Mario maybe had his own business of some kind and needed a legal dept. or some type of office administration,  he stated to me over the phone if the money was "right" would I consider making a move to his company and would I come in for an interview. Due to my work schedule it would have to be in the evening. he was accommodating to that. When I got there the Dog and Pony show started. It was not a job interview but a marketing ploy. they had a bunch of young brash sales reps passing you along like a hot potato trying to each get a feel for you. At that point i should have just left but I found it entertaining and amusing. I though to myself so this is what they do they spin you around send you from room to room and don't really give regular people the time to process and make a sound conclusion and before you know it you just got into something you had no intention ever jumping into. Finally after two sessions with two of their "top managers" a 22 year old girl that looked like 16 and a young arrogant 25 yr old with a slick used car salesman tongue. they unveiled the company and kept attempting to legitimize it by throwing out well respected company names and stating their ties to them and how "similar" they were to them. When they asked about the mutual funds, IRAs, 401Ks and not many people raised their hand and demonstrated knowledge of these products except myself I became the one to avoid because I basically knew more than they did and they knew that they were not convincing me. Finally get to speak to Mario I ask for the position that he had available for me over the phone and stated to him that the whole show was nice but did not interest me. He stated that it's all on commission and if i can get two to four families to get burned by their services I could make from $2,000.00 to $4,000.00( results are not guaranteed I read the fine print.) you get no base salary. I made the conclusion that I just spent a entertaining and educative evening realizing how people get scammed by either buying their crap product or duped into selling their product with the hopes on getting rich. Let's face it. If they were as successful as they say they were would Mario and the 25 yr old College drop out hot mouth  have been there on a weeknight so late? Don't think so. SCAM TO 100TH POWER.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2010 07:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WFG-World-Financial-Group/internet/WFG-World-Financial-Group-Aegon-Group-Transamerica-Deceptive-Business-Practices-Intern-550083. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WFG - World Financial Group