Complaint Review: WFG

• Submitted: Sun, January 06, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, January 06, 2013

• Reported By: David — San Fran California U.S.A.
Sacramento, California United States of America

WFG WFL and World System Builders WFG is not a world builder, bogus multi teir marketing Sacramento, California

*General Comment: Not Informed

Report: Today in big city delta sac Cal, I visited a recruiting/training seminar for WFG and World Systems Builders, and I was blown away by what I saw. Multi Tier Marketing, Poor recruiting, poor public speaking, poor and outdated sales tactics, poor explanations, lack of experience, and general unfounded blanket statements.

After I graduated from SFSU with MS in International Trade and Finance.  I attained my CA state Health/Life insurance license,  in April 2005,  when I was recruited by another Multi-Tier Marketing company.   I jumped through all the hoops and got my health/life license.  I paid a bunch of fees; $50 for a background check,  $50 for Appointment contract,  and another $80 for "membership".  When I started asking questions about the product, they ducked, and ducked until I was demanding to know.  Then I was fired...for asking too many questions.  no biggie.

Since I had a license I looked on Craigslist for a job, and I found one for a licensed health life agent.  I jumped on it, and used it for a springboard for an immediate career.  I was an internet health broker, and a good one too.  Worked my butt off for days and became a very good salesman.  I learned how insurance works from an insider point of view. I read a lot of books.  Learned the law and learned how to sell. I am making a pretty decent living out out it.  I kind of know my way through a contract.

Then out of the blue, my CPA wife is recruited by WFG. She tells me how she is going to sort out our financial future.  I was surprised until she busted out WFG Multi Tier Marketing.  I said "NO Way, you are not selling my family to these snake oilers".  I remind her of my experience.  Too late she has been wiped out wth stories of "Six digdit returns"  and flat out lies from her recruiters.

So, for me seeing is believing.   I  went to the meeting.....OMG,  Of the ten speakers,  there was only one speaker who had public speaking skills.  Of course he was their highest earner at age 24. Millionaire.  I thought 24?  Then he flat out told us he doesn't know anything about processing applications, he only know about recruiting.  He even said he had no education.  Then he spent half an hour with a marker playing a numbers shell game on the overhead projector.... I just thought... "He has a million bucks, and all he has is a pen marker on an overhead like in High School?  Why cant the dude spring for a "business" grade visual aid?"  Its because he doesn't care,  he even said it in his presentation. I was still waiting for a message better than, "our product is the best"

The other speakers, were very disappointing.  It was very easy to tell no one had any training in public speaking.  Painfully clear.   It was pathetic.  No thesis, no main idea,  no Tell Tell Tell, I was lost.  I had no idea where the message started and ended, not to mention is was MORE boring than an insurance seminar.   I actually gave up listening and pulled out a book.  Pathetic public speaking.  They had not a single concise message, other than "our product is the best".     So I looked up the product at California Department of Insurance and it had a bad reviews.

On and on... it gets worse.  I met my "Up-Line".   I met the CEO of "our" team.  He told me he had two years of experience.  (I have eight).  I thought it was weird he did not give me a business card immediately.  I had a pocket full of my cards waiting...... but not from him, his down under, and the next. I went through them all.   NOT one handed me a business card: I just met them as my leader, but no Card???  WTF..   proves no school of Bus. or School of Cool.... I couldn't tell my MOM if I was selling this junk.

The last part is the worst... Use your family to ensure your financial freedom, and enrich some lame a**. Do not buy into this insurance investment trash, if you shop around there are better products.   Please dont fall for this Multi Teir Marketing it is Bogus... Word your Homie. David Patton

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2013 03:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WFG/Sacramento-California-94521/WFG-WFL-and-World-System-Builders-WFG-is-not-a-world-builder-bogus-multi-teir-marketi-992115. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WFG

#1 General Comment

Not Informed

AUTHOR: john - (USA)

Dear Sir,

With all due repect your opinions are weak and not based on fact.  The "poor" speakers you mention are regular Americans from many walks of life who have decided to take control of the current failing financial industry.  I would much rather hear truth from someone like that than a "snake oil", slick, script-trained salesperson who works in the failing old industry.  If you had stuck around a bit longer, you woul have been SHARED a WEALTH of resources.  But I guess you know it all.

WFG/WSB are simply the "Amazon" of the fiancial industry.  They do DISTRIBUTION from multiple respected providers (Nationwide, Tranamerica, you name it) giving consumers and agents CHOICE.  WFG has all of the various products available so need to shop around.  You also obviously dont understand the value of IUL either.  Not for everyone but has a history of profitability for families who CHOOSE to use it.

The CEO you met got there with the help of DECADES of experrience from the company's trainers in addition to the wealth of providers who use the WFG distribution system.

Do your research before posting please.