Complaint Review: WFIE TV Channel 14

• Updated: Sat, February 09, 2013

• Reported By: Mary — Evansville Indiana United States of America
WFIE TV Channel 14
1115 Mt. Auburn Rd. Evansville, Indiana United States of America

WFIE TV Channel 14 WFIE TV Won't erase malicious vicious attacks on internet Evansville, Indiana

*General Comment: Who is Mary Hukill?

WFIE TV, being Channel 14, located in Evansville, Indiana, will not erase vicious, malicious, some parts of the news story is false.  I have contacted them with a Lady GM by phone and internet and all the other TV, Radio, Newspaper Media has erased any information about a Hotel deal I was in with a BAD Lender who is going to court with the FBI in April of 2013.  I have asked for the removal of the news story played for two days.  The FCC was contacted a few years ago and the other Media removed the news stories, a reporter was not allowed back, on WFIE TV, that news reporter was removed....yet, they keep the same information.  I have done a LOT of good work for my town and NOTHING postivie was mentioned.  I have lately been in a Deal at least $10,000,000 and some Family member have mentioned to me the WFIE TV news story, and because this deal is a possible National News mention, for sure in a State, they didn't want to be tied to me.  This past year of 2012 there were 2 other realtors that brought this news story up to me on a St. Louis, MO, possible deal starting at $100 Million to $200 Million dollars.  They did sign the contract to go further on a deal, we did not win the deal.

Currently, this Family on a deal has used this news story as the reason they want my name off the deal and working to not even pay my Fee.  Infact, my fee was to be switched over on a Consulting Agreement with a Realtor who would pay me.  Now, he is trying to work to not pay me.  Payment is due if this particular deal closes.  WFIE TV has been the number one news station in our area, but, has advertisers who like to bully people.  This may be the issue they are facing.  There was NO positive mention of projects I helped start, I helped run, or help build.  I have donated a lot to charity.  The FCC has now taken the stance they can't do much when in late 2013, they thought it was BAD that WFIE TV did nothing to change this situation.  IT is BAD News story making when I have done a LOT for my Town and still am doing.  I want this vicious and malicious news story earased or may have to sue, Treble Damages, to get this right.  If there is an attorney that wants to do No recovery, No fee on this, contact me.  I have since had to add my name and company to LinkedIN and Manta to help offset the vicious and malicious damage WFIE TV has evidently wanted to continue doing.  It is harassment by a bunch of thugs.  There are some great staff members working there, but, this is way out of line, continues to be out of line.  Raycom owns this station and has a lot of Television staions in their Portfolio.

I have worked hard in my Business Career and to have another company act in this manner is concerning, I don't like harassment---since this internet news story shows up first or near the top for searching my name.  I have done a LOT of neat and good projects over the years, this type of smearing someone is BAD.  It is BAD Business by WFIE TV.  I want this situation taken care of immediately and correctly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2013 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WFIE-TV-Channel-14/Evansville-Indiana-477120/WFIE-TV-Channel-14-WFIE-TV-Wont-erase-malicious-vicious-attacks-on-internet-Evansville-1010986. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WFIE TV Channel 14

#1 General Comment

Who is Mary Hukill?

AUTHOR: Gadfly - (United States of America)

Just for information:

In a news article by Shannon Samson on the 14News (WFIE) website dated June 25, 2008, Mary Hukill is described as:

... a Central High School graduate who worked very briefly as a reporter for WIKY Radio more than a decade ago. After that, it appears she's tried to start up more than a few businesses, with limited success.

The article cites the attempt in 2008 by an investment group led by Hukill to buy the closed Executive Inn Rivermont hotel in Owensboro, Kentucky. (The purchase ultimately failed, and the hotel was demolished in 2009.) It goes on to list a series of past unsuccessful business ventures involving Hukill, and also notes that:

Hukill is the defendant in several civil cases. In 2006, she didn't appear in court for a collections case, so the judge made a default judgment for her to pay $4,760. A court docket shows she didn't show up again in another collections case in February, 2008. The judge ordered her to pay more than $2,000. In some April 2008 proceedings, a judge ordered Hukill to pay businessman Scott Joest $30,000 for breach of a promissory note and garnished her wages.

Gadfly