Complaint Review: WFS FINANCIAL - WACHOVIA

• Submitted: Thu, December 31, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, December 31, 2009

• Reported By: Doug — Huntsville Alabama United States of America
WFS FINANCIAL - WACHOVIA

WFS FINANCIAL - WACHOVIA Transfer account closes other account - two different account numbers Internet

Backround: I opened a CAP Asset Management Account with First Union many years ago, that provided a central account that linked retirement, brokerage and checking services. Each account was given its own account number. First Union was eventually taken over by Wachovia. Recently I transferred my brokerage account from Wachovia to another brokerage. When performing this transfer they also closed and transferred my checking account along with it, which has a completely separate account number.

This checking account was used for all billpay and cash transfers. Wachovia showed payments made to third parties prior to the transfer for which I had sufficient funds to cover all payments. But as they decided to transfer and close the account all of those payments are now NSF as they did no reconciliation on those payments prior to the transfers even though they were completely aware of them! Their rationale for this was that my Checking Account 'could not stand alone' and needed a brokerage account. Because I transferred my brokerage account my checking account had to go too...

Further when I tried to get into the billpay website to cancel any bills after I saw this I was locked out because I have 'no accounts' with Wachovia. Yet I am still charged NSF for the payments that were scheduled prior, regular payments for car etc. even though I can't get in to cancel them. Add to the fact that since I no longer have an account I can't get to my online statements which they of course encourage you to get, or look at the transactions since my last statement so I can figure out where I stand. When I went to the branch I was told that they could not print me a copy of my transactions immediately and that I had to wait a day for someone at corporate to do it.

So lesson learned... Never sign up for online statements... Never use Wachovia...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2009 11:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WFS-FINANCIAL-WACHOVIA/internet/WFS-FINANCIAL-WACHOVIA-Transfer-account-closes-other-account-two-different-account-nu-548067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WFS FINANCIAL - WACHOVIA