Complaint Review: WFS Financial - Wachovia Dealer Services

• Updated: Mon, January 14, 2008

• Reported By:Roanoke Virginia
WFS Financial - Wachovia Dealer Services
Irvine, California U.S.A.

WFS Financial - Wachovia Dealer Services Harrassed, lied and refused to allow me to pay off the car Irvine California

*Consumer Suggestion: Why didn't you cancel previous check

After repeated, rude calls to me, my mother, my sister and my friend, a representative called me to say that my November payment was not received. I asked if they could let me know if they got the check? She insisted that I send another check for November and December and that she would note on the account that they were not to apply the first check if it arrived. I sent a second check. They deposited the first check one day before the second resulting in a large sum of money being deducted from this account. On the "For" line of the second check I again instructed them that this check would replace the earlier one. I have a 2003 elantra that still has a year to go in payments because they continually overcharge with fees, etc. They have also called my job repeatedly, had people sit outside to pick up my car when the payment had been made the day before and so on and so on.

IS THERE SOMEONE OUT THERE INTERESED IN A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THIS COMPANY . . . I AM LOCATED IN VIRGINIA. THERE ARE THREE OF US THAT HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF BY THESE VERY RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL PEOPLE.

Salree'
Roanoke, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2007 11:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WFS-Financial-Wachovia-Dealer-Services/Irvine-California/WFS-Financial-Wachovia-Dealer-Services-Harrassed-lied-and-refused-to-allow-me-to-pay-of-290581. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WFS Financial - Wachovia Dealer Services

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Why didn't you cancel previous check

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

Despite what you were told they cashed the earlier check when they cashed this one. You should have had the first check cancelled. If they called up to complain about it being returned just say "You stated previously you did not receive the first check so I cancelled it in case it fell into the wrong hands (I.E. stolen).

Another option would be to have a direct payment made to this account. Do you have a checking account at Wachovia as well?? Another option would be to pay it electronically from your bank if they offer internet banking.

If problems with check persist then start sending them certified mail with return receipt requested. That way you have a record of when they got it. It costs a few cents extra but if you have this you can say it was received at your facility on this day by this person (assuming they signed it legibly). If nothing else you have further proof that they are intentionally holding the check past the due date to add on additional charges.