Complaint Review: WFS Financial

• Submitted: Tue, September 26, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, September 26, 2006

• Reported By:Puyallup Washington
WFS Financial
Box 25341 Santa Ana, California U.S.A.

WFS Financial ripoff Invalid payoff amounts delaying tactics to charge more interest Santa Ana California

In August of 2006 I re-financed my home. The mortgage company got the pay-off amount from WFS and was apparently incorrect. Prior to sending in the pay-off amount I called WFS to verify the amount and account status. I was told I was a month behind, which I knew because I waited on the payment to allow the mortgage company to get the proper amount. I was told by another creditor that I should write a letter with the check to state all monies should be applied to outstanding payments prior to being applied to the principle. I did exactly that and WFS acknowledged the letter.

The payments, to-date have yet to be applied properly and WFS continues to tell me to wait a couple of days, all the while, accruing interest. I spoke to them today and was told that they cannot reverse the interest due, nor can they clear my credit report, as they show me being 45 days past due.

I can only assume based on my experience, that others have probably experience this. I paid them 3200 dollars and change to pay off the car and still have nearly a hundred dollars in interest they've tacked on since the pay-off. Paying interest because it's taken me time to pay them is one thing, delaying me by giving false, misleading or incorrect information is quite another and falls under the fraud category in my mind.

Given all of the other posts I've seen on WFS, I believe that perhaps a class action discussion is in order.

Scott
Puyallup, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2006 12:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WFS-Financial/Santa-Ana-California-92799/WFS-Financial-ripoff-Invalid-payoff-amounts-delaying-tactics-to-charge-more-interest-Santa-212829. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WFS Financial