Complaint Review: WFS Financial

• Submitted: Sat, October 16, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, May 24, 2006

• Reported By:Milpitas California
WFS Financial
375 Corporate Dr., Suite 202 Seattle, Washington U.S.A.
  • Phone: 209-394-4053
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

WFS Financial Ripoff Making Physical Threats and Harassment for late payment Seattle Washington

*Consumer Comment: WFS - Consummer in Milpitas CA., I feel your pain!

Due to my hectic work schedule, I have not been able to keep up with my bills in the last few months. This created me paying some bills late. I failed to make my payment to WFS in a timely manner for the third time. Once I spoke with an agent by the name of Ryan, I explained that I would send in a check. I made payment through my banks bill pay. About 1 week later, a large scruffy man shows up at my office and tells me he needs to speak with. I go into a conference room with him he states "Whats your Address! You are not returning our calls! You are 35 days late! I am calling the office right now!"

He proceeds to talk down to me and I am in an office enviroment, so I am not about to get into an arguement with him. He proceeds to call Ryan on the phone. I get on the Phone with this guy and he tells me he has called me several times. My first response of course is, I had no calls and had no reason for concern since I mailed the payment. He states to me that he left no messages for me. How am I suppose to know anyone is calling me or there is an issue if the money is out of my bank account and I have no messages. He proceeds to tell me that if I am late again "....the next time they have to contact me, it won't be this pleasant". He continues to say "if you don't call me Monday to make sure we have the check, its not going to nice"

Those are obvious threats. If he wanted the car, then I would understand. But, aren't there laws that say you can not threating people?

I have a very stressful life and since this has happened, I have had nothing but night terrors. I am constantly wondering if I am being followed. I have never had a car repossed, but its my understand that if a car lender feels that being 35 days late is means for repossesion, then they take the car. They don't show up at a person's place of business and threaten them.

Milpitas, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2004 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WFS-Financial/Seattle-Washington-98188/WFS-Financial-Ripoff-Making-Physical-Threats-and-Harassment-for-late-payment-Seattle-Washi-113234. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WFS Financial

WFS - Consummer in Milpitas CA., I feel your pain!

AUTHOR: Jackie - (U.S.A.)

The more I read, the sicker I become. Milpitas, I feel your pain. I too had the big bad WFS macho man come to my work, threaten my co-workers, scare the pre-school children when he busted into the classroom looking for me and then after acting like he was on a police stake out, left the area.

It is now 8:06 p.m. on 5/24/06- 24 hrs. after receiving a rude phone call from Desiree in Plesanton CA. telling me her agent would be picking up the car. (Her " agent " showed up at 10:45 p.m. last evening and was told to come back today ) I sit here and wait and the agent is a no show. I will NOT open my door tonight and they can wait til tomorrow. If they cannot show up at a reasonable hour then too bad- If they were so concerned about the car, an agent would have been here early this morning. WFS is on a big power trip and if all of us who have been abused DON'T STAND UP AND FIGHT THEM TOGETHER, THEN WFS WINS!

I don't particularly care to let them win. I have been in contact with a law firm in Beverly Hills Ca. and I urge all of you to call and put in a complaint. The only way to fight is to unite.