• Report: #51962

• Submitted: Mon, April 07, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, April 29, 2006

• Reported By:Cave Creek Arizona
WFS Financial
4920 S. Wendler Dr., Tempe, AZ Tempe, Arizona U.S.A.

*Consumer Comment: To all who have a car financed with WFS

*UPDATE Employee: NO WONDER THEY HARRASS YOU

*Consumer Comment: WFS Financial abusive ripoff collection practices Tempe Arizona

*Consumer Suggestion: BBB Ratings R Great

I purchased a 2nd vehicle for family use 2 1/2 years ago and got stuck financing with WFS Financial. My payment history on this loan was perfect until Jan., 2003 following a severe work-related back injury, 2 surgeries, long recuperation and unemployment.

During my recuperation, my brother-in-law was also tragically killed in another state. I'm an older woman living alone, and WFS Financial's collectors were calling me as many as 12 times a day demanding payment. It got so bad I closed up my home and went to stay with my son and daughter-in-law to finish recuperating from surgery.

Somehow WFS Financial found me at my son's (whose contact info is unpublished anywhere) and they began harassing me nonstop there. I relocated to another home a couple weeks later and they not only somehow got my phone number but new address!

Even though I made full disclosure of my medical and financial situation, it made no difference to these predators. After borrowing the funds to make the Jan. payment, they continued to harass me for the Feb. payment. I told them to stop calling me or I'd turn the matter over to an attorney. The very same day, they sent a repo-kid to my door misrepresenting himself as a law enforcement agent! I advised him if he didn't leave the property immediately I would call the police and have him charged with illegally representing a police officer. He was intimidated enough to leave and hasn't returned.

I am now only 2 payments behind on my loan and WFS Financial's collectors are calling here nonstop all day including weekends. They are also calling my son nonstop and several other family members as well as friends.

I have cut my recuperation time short to try to find some kind of employment just to get these jerks off my broken back, but only have sporadic income.

This experience has left me terrified, paranoid and furious! Of course, no attorney will take the case because of lack of funds. WFS Financial has a very bad status with the BBB in this state, which I informed them, as well as that I am recording their phone calls and conversations. They don't care. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

P.L.
Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2003 06:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WFS-Financial/Tempe-Arizona/WFS-Financial-abusive-ripoff-collection-practices-Tempe-Arizona-51962. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WFS Financial

To all who have a car financed with WFS

AUTHOR: Stick - (U.S.A.)

To all who have a car financed with WFS. You all can thank your loving friendly car dealer that you bought your car from if you hate WFS. They PUT YOU with WFS. Your car dealer needs a Rip Off Report for sticking you with the company you are complaining about.

If they put you with any financing company you do NOT like, file a Rip Off Report on the car dealer.

So many car buyers NEVER do any research BEFORE they go to a car lot. Nobody reads the Rip Off Reports before they play "Part with their Money"

Many do research on a carten of eggs before they buy them, Why not research the car dealer scams before you go to a car dealer?

Ask yourself this question. Let's say car dealer sells you a car, they get you to sign a LONG contract with a interest rate of 14%. You drive the car home, all HAPPY you bought a car. Car dealer shops your contract and finds a auto lender to do the car loan at let's say 8%.

Car dealer contracts with the lender that will do the deal at 8%. Now you still have a contract with a 14%. Who do you think keeps the difference? Do you think the FRIENDLY car dealer is going to call you back so they can lower your car payment?

FAT CHANCE! They SCOOP the DIFF and you KEEP the HIGH PAYMENT! Many who have a certain Finance company have poor credit.

READ the Rip Off Reports BEFORE you go to a car dealer. WAKE UP AMERICA.

If you ever see a sign infront of a car dealer or in a newspaper that has the word "SALE"

Remember this:

SALE

S UCKERS
A RE
L OOSE
&
E ASY

If you hear in a car dealer's avertisment the words Friends, Folks, Family, JET the other way FAST! and See if that car dealer has ANY RIP OFF REPORTS. I bet they do!

If you hear in a car dealer radio advertisment anybody reading off anything REAL fast at the beginning or end of the commercial some FAST JIBBER JABBER, SO FAST you could not understand one word.

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT go to that dealer. THEY have plans for your back side. If you are DUMB and go anyway, make sure you bring KY or a friend that can and will read what you are being asked to sign BEFORE YOU SING anything.

Word to all Cadillac sales CLOWNS. What the HELL do you mean when you CLOWNS, YES I said CLOWNS say "BREAK THROUGH"? Break through what? The THICK WALL of SALES CLOWNS Before you get to look at any of the cars?

Break THROUGH my thinking!

Many car sales people want you to think they care, that they like you, that they hear what you are saying about your needs. They want you to like them, they want you to think of them as a "TRUSTING FRIEND" Once you like them you are now in what I call the U.S.C.Z.

The "UN SAFE COMFORT ZONE" with your shorts rubbing your ankles.

You are happy that you FEEL you can trust your car salesman. They now feel they have complete control of you and they see their target!

"shorts rubbing your ankles."

Soon after that, you my fellow America will have a need to BLEED!

Thats just the way many in the auto industry have it all set up. Car buying is an emotional perchase.

Once they get you all emotional, they will HUMP the HELL out of you and go DEEP. They know that if they don't HUMP the HELL out of you, the dealer down the street will.

WAKE UP AMERICA, READ RIP OFF REPORT FIRST. And BEFORE you go to ANY CAR DEALER see if they have any Rip Off Reports. I know many car dealers in Phoenix have many Rip Off Reports.

AUTHOR: Isabel - (U.S.A.)

You just stated that you were hiding from them ? If you do not pay for something, it will be taken away. It does not say on your contract, "make your payments except when you are sick." You need to make your payments on time - THEY EVEN GIVE YOU A 10 DAY COURTESY WINDOW ! Your car BY LAW can be repo'd when you are 1 day late. HENCE the word LATE. Get a life and get your act together to make pymts on time.

AUTHOR: Bonny - (U.S.A.)

No you are wrong. It may have happened in 2003 but we will never forget the Hell W F S put us thur and I hope people stop and think before they get involed with this corrupt company.If we had known anything about this company we wouldnt have done business with them.They acted like Gangsters with us and noone should go thur it. Let alone Senior Citizens. Grandma

#6 Consumer Suggestion

BBB Ratings R Great

AUTHOR: Weird - (U.S.A.)

Bonny... This inital complaint was submitted in 2003.... Sounds like you are a bored grandma! Get out and play with your grand kids.

As far as the statement from P.L. in Arizona. You are incorrect.

WFS Financial holds a Satisfactory rating for the BBBs in Arizona.

AUTHOR: Bonny - (U.S.A.)

I know what you are going thur. We went thur it and this type of corrupt pratice needs to stop. Wfs are nothing but liers and bullies. I hope someone somewhere reads these stories and see the pain we have all had to go thur and will help everyone who has suffered by Wfs. Grandma nev

loose