Complaint Review: WFS Wachovia Dealer Services

• Submitted: Thu, December 11, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, December 12, 2008

• Reported By:houston Texas
WFS Wachovia Dealer Services
www.wachoviadealer.com , California U.S.A.

WFS Wachovia Dealer Services Invalidating, Harrasing, Intimidating, Misrepresentation, Dishonorable California

*Consumer Comment: What?

I was one day into the next payment period and WFS's website would not allow me to make a payment. They called and demanded I now make two payments immediately. I told them, no, I could not do this and was unsure of when but definitely within a couple of weeks, said I had the one payment but not two, they refused to accept it alone and the offer of when to pay and began to belittle me, cut my communication, yell and treat me like a child, demanding money and personal information. They then threatened to come and get the car and demanded to know where it was.

I again gave them my mailing address and told them this is all they needed to know, as I have always made my payment (previously even paying off a car through them) and will continue to do so. They again threatened to repo the car. I made an agreement to pay the double payment in a week, they still would not let me off the phone so I gave them a different address and promise to pay in exchange for them to stop the repo order.

A day later, lo and behold, the repo company had not been called off. I know this as the repo company went to my mailing address and made a call to me as a ruse (not to bright - I can see who is calling with caller ID). But since I did not give WFS a good physical address they could not get to my vehicle. I made the payment today as agreed and guess what? they are calling incessantly now to try to speak with me (yell at me is more like it) I imagine to get an address on the car and who knows, since they did not hold up on their end of the bargain to not pursue repo if I agreed to make a payment, they may still come and get the car.

I highly recommend no one EVER GET A LOAN WITH WFS under any circumstance but if you already have one, get out immediately (my payoff seems to be getting higher over the year not lower, geesh, another one of their scams) or make sure to document anything that can be held against them as a violation and report it to the proper authorities. They need to be put out of business.

In contrast I have a loan with (((competitor's name redacted))) also and they have always treated me with the most upmost respect, if I am late they work with me, not against me. That is how to treat a customer! WFS is just another name for nasty loan sharks and you'd better have plenty of blood pressure meds on hand if you intend to stay connected with them.

houston, Texas

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on WFS Financial

sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company, ..plus, if you post a competitors name more than likely they will show up on search engines as a Rip-off! - - your comments on this policy are welcome. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report. In this case we removed an alleged competitor's name

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2008 06:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WFS-Wachovia-Dealer-Services/California/WFS-Wachovia-Dealer-Services-Invalidating-Harrasing-Intimidating-Misrepresentation-Dis-400477. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WFS Wachovia Dealer Services

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

"I was one day into the next payment period..."
Does this mean that you were 1 day late, 30 days late or more than that?

Technically if you are a day late they can Repo your car. But in reality the major banks will not reposess a car until you have missed 3 payments. Not to say that they couldn't repo it earlier, but unless you have a bad payment history with them or they feel that you are not being honest with them(such as giving them a bad address), they usually won't.

"...as I have always made my payment.."
- Ummm...You may have always made your payment, but it sounds like you were making them on your own schedule and not by the due date.

"But since I did not give WFS a good physical address they could not get to my vehicle..."
- Okay so you are trying to pass yourself off as being totally wronged by them. Yet you give them a bad address? Do you think that gives you any credibility with them that you are trying to work something out.

"my payoff seems to be getting higher over the year not lower,"
-Yep if you are constantly late this will happen. Any payment you are making is probably being "eaten" up in additional interest and late fees.

By the way when they attempted to repo the car exactly how many days were you late from the first missed payment?