Complaint Review: WFS

• Submitted: Fri, July 15, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, August 02, 2005

• Reported By:Lomita California
WFS
23 Pasteur Irvine, California U.S.A.

WFS ripoff Irvine California

*Author of original report: Their mistake claiming that I made a mistake

I was researching on the internet to try to locate the physical address for WFS and came across this website and a complaint by another consumer of WFS.

Here is my little battle with them at the moment. First off I have had a couple of previous auto loans with WFS in the past and have a current one now. I do recall years ago I had a little dispute with them and think I ended up paying late fees knowing that my payment reached them on time, but payed them anyway just to keep it from growing.

Here is my current problem with WFS.
I made my June, 2005 payment on their website. Two days later my account was debited for the amount owed. Aprox. a week or so later I received a letter stating that my June 2005 payment was "overdue" DUE TO MY PUTTING A QUOTE UNQUOTE STOP PAYMENT ON IT, WHICH WAS ALSO INCORRECT!

I imediately contacted my bank via phone and confirmed that NO STOP PAYMENT WAS EVER REQUESTED and the June 2005 payment was debited to my account and NO CREDITS HAVE BEEN RETURNED TO MY ACCOUNT.

So I called up WFS and asked them what the deal was, and told them I DID NOT PUT A STOP PAYMENT ON June 2005 payment AND THEY DID DEBIT MY ACCOUNT. They asked me to fax a copy of my bank statement in which I have 3 times WHICH PROVED THE DEBIT BY WFS ON JUNE 21, 2005.

After getting numerous calls in the last month from their system I knew they were just putting it aside if you will just to let it go into the next month. I spoke with a person in their Irvine office who claimed she is waiting on her supervisor to review the matter. NOW MIND YOU THEY CLAIMED "I" PUT A STOP PAYMENT ON IT ORIGINALLY.

After calling this person several times, faxing my bank statement and proving to this person it was debited, I called again and she was giving me the run around and I knew she would just blow it off.

So getting quite pissed off I called the next day and went over her head to a manager. NOW THEY WERE TRYING TO CLAIM I HAD INSUFFICIANT FUNDS, WHICH IS ALSO NOT TRUE I HAD APROX. $4000.00 in my account, and now have about $5000.00 in my account.

I told this person you people are full of it. She put me on hold and contacted my bank and we had a conference call between myself, her and a bank rep. The bank rep opened my account in his system and pointed out to the WFS manager that THERE WAS A DEBIT BY WFS ON 6-21-05 AND NO CREDITS HAVE BEEN CREDITED BACK TO MY ACCOUNT AND THAT NO RECORDS WHAT SO EVER OF MY REQUESTING A STOP PAYMENT PERIOD!!!

I could tell the WFS manager was kind of trying to make another excuse but she looked like an a*s, because I know she was hoping to show a stop payemnt or that I didn't have the funds, BUT TOO BAD FOR HER.

SO HERE I AM NOW AND STILL NO RESOLVE, STILL NO PHONE CALL BACK FROM HER AS SHE PROMISED TO CLEAR IT UP.
SO NOW I HAVE GIVEN THEM ONE WEEK TO CLEAR MY JUNE PAYMENT AS PAID AND REMOVE THE LATE FEE's OR I WILL TAKE THEM TO COURT BY NO CHOICE.

SO YES I WOULD BELIEVE THE PERSON'S COMPLAINT AGAINST WFS 100% THAT I SAW ON THIS SITE EARLIER! ACTUALLY ITS A KNOWN FACT A LOT OF FINANCE COMPANIES DO THAT KIND OF STUFF ON PURPOSE KNOWING THAT MOST PEOPLE ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THEIR CREDIT REPORT AND A LOT JUST GIVE UP AND PAY IT. BUT I HAVE NEWS FOR THEM.

Thomas
Lomita, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2005 11:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WFS/Irvine-California-92618/WFS-ripoff-Irvine-California-149952. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WFS

Their mistake claiming that I made a mistake

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

Now WFS is claiming that I made a mistake on entering my account information when I made a payment on their website. So now its not June 2005 payment they claim I put a stop payment on, it was May 2005. Low and behold I checked my May 2005 statement and sure enough there was no debit to my account in May of 2005, SO IS THAT MY FAULT? SO NOW I PAY LATE FEES? They claim that " I may have made a mistake on entering my account information"..........sure that is always possible, but sorry to say that its auto saved....kind of hard to believe that. And I find it hard to believe that another person has "one" digit off from my account number to make that kind of mistake.....always possible but I doubt that another person with my bank has the exact same account number as mine except for one digit, common sense would tell you that is I did possibly enter my account info incorrectly, it would most likely only be one digit off!!!....not too mention, again it is auto saved.

So moral to this story is send a check that way it can't get messed up and put on you. It went from you put a stop payment on June 2005, to insufciant funds, to it was April 2005 payment, to its May 2005 payment, which turns out yes it wasn't debited in May apparently. I still find it hard to believe that "I apparently" entered the wrong account number on their website, again my bank account number is auto saved...I would think it is their systems mistake, sure I owe the May payment now obviously that it has been discovered, but shouldn't have to pay the late fees. CASE CLOSED