Complaint Review: WGL Holdings, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, March 29, 2014
  • Updated: Sat, March 29, 2014

• Reported By: dkim76 — Centreville Virginia
WGL Holdings, Inc.
101 Constitution Avenue, NW , Dist of Columbia USA

WGL Holdings, Inc. Washington Gas, Washington Gas Energy Systems, Washington Gas Services. They do not credit or refund for over-payment DC Metro DC

Here is a letter I sent to Washington Gas' "Escalation" department and BBB that should explain everything clearly.

I updated my Ebill account on Washington Gas' website on November 2013 with a new bank account which I used to the bank's bill pay feature to pay the first bill using the new bank account for the amount of $43.17, but my old bank account was withdrawn on the 25th of March right before my new bank account had the chance to clear the payment of the 26th of March. This bill by the way was due on the December 02, 2013. I have called customer support since December 2013 on and off through February 2014 to fix this issue, but I was never credited for the over payment of $43.17.

Now, on March 2014 after calling them for the nth time to fix the update of my new bank account information which they told me for the nth time that I had to use my new bank's bill pay feature to make my new bank information on Washington Gas' website to be effective. [continued below]....

..... So, I paid the $130.82 using my new bank's bill pay feature, but some how my bank automatically paid it again three days after I manually the bill. Then on March 28, 2014 Washington Gas withdrew $130.82 from my old bank again which is due on April 7, 2014.

It's disturbing how this company does not credit your account if you have over paid your bill or send a refund check for the over payment. I have never missed or have been late on my bill with Washington Gas since December 2009 when I bought my townhouse, but their customer service is nonexistent if you happened to have overpaid, but I guess if I was late on my bill they would be more attentive. Washington Gas owes me a sum of $304.81 for the over payment and I am asking for a refund as soon as possible. Thank you for your time and understanding.

I hope they refund me soon and don't do anything wierd to my service, if my house blows up because of a gas leak you guys know who did it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2014 10:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WGL-Holdings-Inc/Dist-of-Columbia-20080/WGL-Holdings-Inc-Washington-Gas-Washington-Gas-Energy-Systems-Washington-Gas-Services-1134792. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WGL Holdings, Inc.