Complaint Review: WHIPPLE PLUMBING

• Updated: Wed, March 03, 2010

• Reported By: EC — Sandy Utah United States of America
WHIPPLE PLUMBING
963 West Folsom Ave. Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America

WHIPPLE PLUMBING Kent Whipple WHIPPLE PLUMBING TOTAL RIPOFF! $600 TO PULL A BABY WIPE OUT OF A TOILET! Salt Lake City, Utah

Our incident with Whipple plumbing occurred about 5 years ago, but I just found this great website and needed to tell my story.  We had a backup in our plumbing and thought that it was due to tree obstruction in the pipes underground, because we had experienced that problem before in this old home.  We called Whipple plumbing to come and do what was necessary to clear the pipes.  We gave them permission to spend whatever time they needed to dig up the back yard and repair the damaged pipes.  Well....the service tech came out and went directly into the bathroom where he proceed to check to see if the toilet had a problem other than the tree roots in the ground outside.  FIVE minutes later he came out with a baby wipe!  He charged us over $600 and he was gone, just like that.  I called Whipple to complain and we were told that we had authorized the $600 charge to fix the problem.  They said..."WE FIXED THE PROBLEM", and that was that.  I asked them about their 100% satisfaction guarantee and their response was...did our tech solve your problem?  If so, then you owe us.  I spoke with Kent Whipple myself in hopes that he had some integrity.  He wouldn't budge on the deal.  I couldn't believe that a company in good faith could do what they had done and get away with it.  They have their contracts worded so carefully that the customer has no chance of fighting the charges.  The company has no integrity and every time I hear the word Whipple, I send up the red flags and tell my story.

Every time I hear the name Whipple my blood pressure goes up.  Do not get caught by their scam tactics.  Now I can understand how they can pay for the extensive advertising they do on TV, radio and the yellow pages.

Buyer beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2010 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WHIPPLE-PLUMBING/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84104/WHIPPLE-PLUMBING-Kent-Whipple-WHIPPLE-PLUMBING-TOTAL-RIPOFF-600-TO-PULL-A-BABY-WIPE-OUT-577502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WHIPPLE PLUMBING