• Report: #120285

• Submitted: Mon, November 29, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, August 21, 2012

• Reported By:Eagle Wisconsin
WILDE TOYOTA
3225 S. 108th Street West Allis, Wisconsin U.S.A.

WILDE TOYOTA HORRIBLE SERVICE ripoff BAIT and SWITCH on SERVICE WEST ALLIS Wisconsin

*Consumer Comment: Wilde Toyota Sucks

*Consumer Suggestion: Grow up.

I called Wilde Toyota for service on my NEW TOYOTA RAV4. I called on a Wednesday, to have my rear window and rear tire fixed. I was told that parts would be ordered and would be in by FRIDAY.

I was told that the service department was busy on Friday. But I was anxious to get my vehicle fixed, and so they scheduled me for first thing MONDAY.

I had to drive over 30 miles to the dealership to get my vehicle fixed. I was told that they would call me if any problems were encountered.

NO CALL.

On Monday, I reported to my appointment on time, and they took my vehicle. They said that they would call me when my vehicle was done.

At 9:45, I rec'd a phone call that they could not fix my vehicle, because the PARTS WERE NOT IN YET! I was told that I could pick up my vehicle, and come back on Tuesday or Wednesday to get the vehicle fixed.

IS THIS BAIT AND SWITCH? Did they lure me in with a FALSE PROMISE to fix my vehicle on Monday? THEN switch me to Tuesday or Wednesday? In doing so, they kept me from going somewhere else!

I AM OUTRAGED. I took a day of vacation to play this game. I was asked to sign an order for repairs when I arrived; BUT I SIGNED THE PAPERS UNDER THE ASSUMPTION THAT THEY HAD THE PARTS!! Now am I stuck??

How do I get this resolved? HOW DO I get compensated for my time and trouble? How do I get reimbursed for a wasted trip, and a wasted day?

SD
Eagle, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2004 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WILDE-TOYOTA/West-Allis-Wisconsin-53119/WILDE-TOYOTA-HORRIBLE-SERVICE-ripoff-BAIT-and-SWITCH-on-SERVICE-WEST-ALLIS-Wisconsin-120285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WILDE TOYOTA

Wilde Toyota Sucks

AUTHOR: victor - (United States of America)

LOCATION: 3225 South 108th Street  West Allis, WI 53227 -(877) 420-056

#$%#$ Wilde is what I think about them. My new car will buy form another dealer which is not affiliated to Wilde. Im a toyota guy, our family has bought a total of 6 new Toyotas since 2003 from Wilde. The service dept sucks. In 2005, bought a new camry, 3 days later, car has always been pulling to the left on the freeway, took it in, under an hour they apologized and said they just replaced my suspension and aligned the car. But didnt make a big stink about it as the car slightly pulls to left when u left the steering go at any speed. Fine.

Then drove to Canada after a month and noticed my radio would stop receiving stations, even in milwaukee as well. Took it in, they said we replaced it, well guess what, had to retun 5 times before i was fed up and jotted the serial number on the radio and found out by another service tech that it was never replaced that the original one. I was fed up at this point and had to use the word F*CK this place, you wasted my days off of work to come here each time to solve this issue. Then finally they replaced it, awesome radio was fixed.

2 years later, went for an oil change, drove the car home, pulled out in the morning to go to work and a pubble of oil under the car, bastards didnt tighten the bolt on the oil pan, I called them and told me to bring the car over, took it there and they checked it and said the bolt is tight and it was an over spill from our techs, are you kidding me, a puddle on my clean garage floor is an over spill... lol I was pissed. There were some days they were understaffed and sh*t hits the fan there, you asked for tire rotation, luckly i marked my tires... heheeh paid for rotation and didn't get one,

caught them red handed that Friday evening, he apologized but if I didnt do that i might have been hustled. Wilde is starting to get a ghetto name for themselves. Half a** job. Recently, heres the fun stuff, I went there last week Saturday, 3 guys on the floor and lot of cars, they were backed up, so I told my service guy, I am using synthetic oil, please.. please dont get it mixed up, he said that will cost $70 total. No problem signed the paper work, figured he got it right. I was waited for 2 hours, car was done jumped in drove off. I had other things taken care of as well, alignment rotation. Then i was reading through the work they did and noticed "regular oil" $14.99

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT I made a u turn went back and was pissed, the service guy "hispanic guy" looks at me and said thats what u wanted. OMG I wanted to punch his face in. I love my toyota I take good care of it, so now I have regular and synthetic all mixed up in my engine. Sh*t.. So he apologized and had to wait another 45min and still paid for the syntheic oil and was credited back for the regular. I have just had it with them!!!. I am really sharp at paying attention to details, its my job as a profession and I see so much crap pass through me that i catch it.

I feel bad for others that go through this. Our other vehicles are no longer serviced at Wilde, were changing to other dealer. If you do take your car here, please pay attention to details dont assume anything and do your research on google before servicing your car. I am just tired of repeating their check off list to ensure my vehicle is done right. I know they are busy but you can not do poor workmanship thats cost to you on your engine over the coming years, you will pay for repairs out of your pocket just coz a tech decides to check off something he missed.

I had a mechanic friend in 2003 working at this wilde location and his told me stuff that would shock you, they meet quota, testing driving customer cars is fun they get to race it behind wilde facilty steet, if the car looks new skip the unnecessary check boxes, no need to check the brakes thickness if you can pop the hood and look at the brake fluid level. Quite a few cut corners stuff. I think the owner or manager needs to "round up" the service guys and techs so talk to them to be a little more careful ... QUALITY.. keep the shitty work up and you will find yourself loosing good customers ... Milwaukee is small and news travel fast.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Grow up.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I suppose you are perfect in everything you do at your job. The dealership did nothing to you. The service writer is not the guy who orders the parts. The guy who orders the parts is not the guy who delivers the parts. Get a grip on reality. No repair facility is responsible for compensating for a day off from work. They did, in fact, call you when their delivery truck showed up and did not have your parts on it. They also gave you the option of picking up the vehicle and bringing it back, while not losing your space in line. That is above and beyond what they need to do. You need to grow up and stop crying like a baby over this. Since this report was filed on Monday, Nov 29, I will guess that the Wednesday you speak of was the day before Thanksgiving Holiday. So, if that's it, then of course your parts weren't delivered today. The order went in Wednesday, and actually pulled on Friday at the earliest. Being a Holiday weekend, your parts were actually pulled today and will most likely be delivered tomorrow. Sort of like going to the bank and making a deposit after 2:00. It won't be posted to your account until the next day. I wish we could all be absolutely flawless in the performance of our jobs like you. How's that halo fit, not too tight I hope.