• Report: #207571

Complaint Review: WILLIAM BONNAUD

• Submitted: Wed, August 23, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, August 23, 2006

• Reported By:TORRANCE California
2615 PLAZA DEL AMO #633, TORRANCE, California U.S.A.

WILLIAM BONNAUD - BILL BONNAUD ripoff dishonest dead beat will not pay back personal loan TORRANCE California

*Author of original report: Question answered

*General Comment: Does this answer your question?

*Author of original report: Decade old response

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Stating the FACTS so the record is STRAIGHT

William Bonnaud AKA Bill Bonnaud was a used car manager at gardena honda, and torrance toyota, he then started up his own company called Roundtable remarketing services aka online auto remarking systems (oars) , He asked me to come work for his start up company, and i did. Becuase his company was doing so poorly i had told him that i would not cash the paychecks he gave me for the 3 months the company was in bussiness. During that time i gave him a personal loan of more that 25,000.00. what a mistake. behind my back without ever knowing he filed CHAPTER 7 DISCHARGED, and never listed me a person who had rights to my money back. when i went to go cash the checks they all bounced.

I have since located him and he works for a company called auto remarketing system in orange county california. I have called him and asked when he could pay me back. He gave me excuse after excuse on why he could not pay me back, ex sick father, cars are in bad shape to even get to work, cant pay the rent or his cell bill... the excuses go on and on. I asked him for a few hundread dollars a month, and he said that he cant even do this,

I know for a fact that he had also never paid his ex partner Armondo a single dime, and he had poured years into developing the software that Bill tried to sell. Armondo ended up selling his house because of all the losses and the dirty handed tricks Bill Bonnaud used to get his money.

Avoid this person like at all cost and if any one has an idea of how i can recover the money I will give you 50% of anything you can collect!!!!!

TORRANCE, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2006 04:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WILLIAM-BONNAUD/TORRANCE-California-90503/WILLIAM-BONNAUD-BILL-BONNAUD-ripoff-dishonest-dead-beat-will-not-pay-back-personal-loan-207571. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WILLIAM BONNAUD

Question answered

AUTHOR: j - ()

Hello Anonymous,

It has been over a decade since this acutally took place, and after confiming with our family attorney, they suggest that it would be unwise to further involve myself with William Bonnaud AKA Bill Bonnaud.

I really do not have any comments on the safety of any personal information given to him for any websites, his intentions  of running for as a board member, or any other matters involving people I do not know.

Roundtable Remarketing Inc, Number c2482114 incorporated 9-27-2002 was where the check was issued to and then shorty dissolved.

I hope all the best with your dealing with this person; But do not wish to get involved beyond my interactions with him a decade ago.

#2 General Comment

Does this answer your question?

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

There was an HOA election on June 27th you received your rebuttal from Mr.  Bonnaud on the 22nd of April just two months prior of him running as a board member.  The current members with whom he is running with are also shady and are currently holding chairs.

It scares me after reading your story and I get that gut feeling you were wrongly swindled.  Like you said “almost a decade has passed since the original post, and social media such as LinkedIn, and Facebook dominate the Web, It is puzzling that he would choose to respond after all this time”.  I hope this answers your question.   By the way he wasn’t elected but he is positioning for next year.

If he were elected he could have his hands into millions of our dollars.   He is now asking to be in the budget committee.  During our last meeting he offered to make some changes to improve our community web site should we be worried about our personal information?

If I had your number I would invite you over to talk about ways of getting your money back.   I don’t even know your name so that I could look you up on Face Book.  I would like to invite you over to the next HOA meeting so you can tell everyone in person about how Mr.  Bonnaud conned you.   Thank you for making us aware of Bill Bonnaud.

Decade old response

AUTHOR: John - ()

The legal protection afforded to William Bonnaud under Bankruptcy, documentation of the cashiers checks with the memo "personal loan to Bill Bonnaud",  and other relevant information is available.
But a decade has already passed, and legal recourse was unavailable at that time  or now, rendering this whole issue moot.

Now that almost a decade has passed since the original post, and social media such as LinkedIn, and Facebook dominate the Web, It is puzzling that he would choose to respond after all this time.

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Stating the FACTS so the record is STRAIGHT

AUTHOR: William - ()

I am the subject of the above "report", and if you read it, I'd like you to read my response so you'll have a much clearer understanding of the facts.

While some of John's statement's, like about where I worked, are true, not much else in his report is. Its pretty sad to see someone would resort to misrepresenting the facts to make themselves feel better about whatever decisions they made on their own.

The facts are:

1) I was a manager in excellent standing at a dealership for 7 years when I hired John. After about a year, I told him i was going to quit and start my own business, a software company. He liked working under me and said he'd feel lost after I left. He added that he wasn't sure he'd like working under the other people there. Until that moment, I hadn't told him I'd been planning go out on my own for about two years with my partner (John's spelling of his name is way off). At any rate, since John and I had become friends as well as co-workers, he was of course naturally curious about the details of my venture. I trusted him and told him a little about my plans. (Another correction: the partner John spoke of never put in ANY money, he only put in his time programming, and he and I are friends to this day).

2) John became quite interested in my plans, enough to ask to join my venture as a partner. Since he brought nothing to the table in terms of the experiences needed as a partner, he and I decided some investment funding from him would balance it out. The total investment was far less than $100K, so it wasn't a significant amount in relation to typical start-up funding. The key point is, it was simply capital infused, not loaned. His money was not the only money added by the way.

3) Unfortunately, within 2 months of our start, another nearly identical company with the same idea and very deep pockets started and aimed at our customer base. By the 3rd month, it was clear we'd risk a huge amount trying to compete with them, so we decided to do the safest thing and stop. The nature of that business is such that every account pays no sooner than 30 days, and 45 to 60 days is common, so we had a lot of receivables to collect when we closed. While John finished his regular duties (unfortunately without pay like the rest of us), he stayed no more than a day or two to help collect the receivables while I and one other person stayed on and worked for for 2 more months collecting as much of the receivables as we could, ALL of which went to John (even before my own family, who also invested). His actual loss was less than 1/3 of his total investment, which was minimized to that amount because of our efforts to do so.

Summary: This is simply an unfortunate instance where an uninformed young person took a shot at being in business, and sadly, wanted me to treat his investment as a loan after the business failed. Ask him to show you documentation of his investment being a "loan"...he can't do it. I'm sure we'd all have been great friends to this day had the business not failed, and we still should have been even after it did, but his youth and inexperience evidently altered his judgement of the deal he agreed to. NO guarantee of payback was ever made or even discussed; it was an investment, plain and simple. By the way, I WAS concerned that he shouldn't use all his savings for something with risk like this. But, he assured me before we started that the money he was going to use was money he got from an insurance settlement where his lawyer got him a lot of money for essentially nothing, so he was gambling with essentially "found money". Last but not least, ask anyone still in the automobile business about my reputation (37 years and counting!)... I am 100% sure you'll hear very positive comments. Thank you for your consideration of the facts.