Complaint Review: WIND Mobile

• Updated: Wed, August 06, 2014

• Reported By: jasonc — Cambridge Ontario
WIND Mobile
Toronto, Ontario Canada

WIND Mobile throttle, unlimited, data usage, punish, restrict, limit data Toronto Ontario Canada

WIND Mobile advertise UNLIMITED data for their plans. The wordage on their website states it is "real unlimited.... When you sign up for unlimited service that's what you get... no surprises. That's real unlimited."

A WIND Mobile sales rep told me that after 10 gigs of data usage, my data speed would be degraded for the rest of that billing cycle. On that understanding, and because data was unlimited, I decided to sign up for the highest tier plan ($40) a month.

After the second month, promptly after pre-paying my $40 and beginning a new billing cycle, I get a text from WIND Mobile stating:

"We limited your data speed for this bill cycle. Your usage is way over what is allowed in our Fair Usage Policy. Check usage at www.windmobile.ca/MyAccount".

Immediately after that the data speed on my phone slowed down to a crawl. Web pages took longer to load and downloads took forever or faulted out / didn't work. I had hardly started the billing cycle and my account had been throttled.

A few weeks later, in the same billing cycle, the same text from WIND Mobile. I'm punished again, this time, data is practically shut down. Loading most web pages is impossible. Downloading is impossible. Updating apps is impossible. Streaming is impossible.

Whats worse, after my account was throttled a second time (at least), is it seems the throttling has affected my phone calls. Now my phone calls drop all the time. WIND Mobile say it's unrelated, but they have purposefully rendered my service useless. What am I supposed to think? They are purposefully hamstringing my service.

WIND Mobile is not giving "unlimited" data if they throttle data speeds to a crawl and punish users.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2014 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WIND-Mobile/Toronto-Ontario/WIND-Mobile-throttle-unlimited-data-usage-punish-restrict-limit-data-Toronto-Ontario-1167853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WIND Mobile