Complaint Review: WINDSTREAM COMMUNICATIONS

• Updated: Sun, August 11, 2013

• Reported By: SKOOTERBUM — BOONE Iowa
WINDSTREAM COMMUNICATIONS
Internet USA

WINDSTREAM COMMUNICATIONS INACURATE, EXCESS, OVERCHARGE ON FINAL BILLING Internet

I had Windstream internet service for a couple years, as they were the only available ISP in my location at the time. My monthly bills averaged $47 a month. I called them weeks in advance to cancel my service, and gave them my future mailing address to send the final bill to.  They got my new address wrong, and was sending the final bill to the wrong address. It was 7 weeks before i got my first, final bill, only because the postal service figured out there error. So when I received my first, final bill, they were already threatening me to take further action, unless they received full payment immediatey.    The final bill was for only 14 days of service, and the bill was for more than what my previous, full monthly bills were, plus it was a generic bill, as it was not an itemized bill explaining there charges. Every single bill, for the previous years of service, was an itemized bill. They were requesting $55 for a partial month of service, which is more than double what they were charging before I requested to terminate my service.   I sent them numerous letters requesting an itemized bill, that would explain there excessive charges, and they simply continued to send me the generic padded bill, with an even more threatening letter.   I would stay clear away from this company because, in my oppinion, they are ripping people off, and there customer service, is one of the worst, I have ever had the oportunity to work with.   It's a sad world, when a major company, has to steal from a disabled person, that is on a fixed income !!!!!!  I would not reccomend this company to my worst enemy..............

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2013 02:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WINDSTREAM-COMMUNICATIONS/internet/WINDSTREAM-COMMUNICATIONS-INACURATE-EXCESS-OVERCHARGE-ON-FINAL-BILLING-Internet-1074050. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WINDSTREAM COMMUNICATIONS