Complaint Review: WLI Reservation Rewards - Fandango

• Updated: Thu, August 02, 2007

• Reported By:Austin Texas
WLI Reservation Rewards - Fandango
http://www.fandango.com Internet U.S.A.

WLI Reservation Rewards And Fandango Read the fine print when they offer a free ticket ripoff Internet

WLI RESERVATIONREWARDS

When you sign up for Fandango you get a "free ticket". I've earned free tickets from other movie rewards programs and never had problems, so my guard was down when I signed up with the well-known Fandango online movie ticket service.

Although I didn't catch the fine print, the offer was deliberately deceptive and I was never e-mailed anything about my enrollment or the charge on my credit card (contrary to what the fine print stated).

I got the 1-800 number to WLI Rewards from my credit card company (they've seen this before, no surprise). I was able to go through the annoying peppy phone menus and canceled the service.

At the end of the transaction I contacted a very tired-sounding customer service representative, and I found out that I was enrolled into WLI Rewards by Fandango. He refunded me the entire amount and the whole thing went cordially. Here is the e-mail I sent to Fandango:

---

Please cancel and delete my Fandango account.

Reason:

I recently discovered that I was enrolled in a "WLI Reservation Rewards" program for two months and was charged $10 for each month without my knowledge. Tonight I double-checked the fine print that came with your "free ticket" offer and can't believe I fell victim to your deceptive marketing practices.

Although I have canceled the WLI Rewards program and was told I would be getting a refund, I am also demanding that I be removed from your customer list. As long as Fandango continues to use deceptive marketing techniques, I can't use your services. Is the revenue generated by these promotional offers worth it? Maybe it is to you, but it isn't to me. Please remove me from your customer list. Thanks.

Big Dummy
Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2007 07:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WLI-Reservation-Rewards-Fandango/internet/WLI-Reservation-Rewards-And-Fandango-Read-the-fine-print-when-they-offer-a-free-ticket-rip-264946. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WLI Reservation Rewards - Fandango