Complaint Review: WLI Reservation Rewards

• Submitted: Mon, August 23, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, October 18, 2004

• Reported By:Irwin Pennsylvania
WLI Reservation Rewards
101 Merritt Seven 7th Floor Norwalk, Connecticut U.S.A.

WLI Reservation Rewards Aka Buyer Assurance Aka Internet Loyalty Marketing Group, LLC Aka Travel Values Plus ripoff, stole money, unauthorized debits Shelton Norwalk Connecticut

*Consumer Suggestion: Nothing is free

*Author of original report: Dispute Settled ..informed them that I had done my research and knew what they were up to

My husband has had seven debits from this "company" so far. We were married in June and I started taking care of his account and realized he was billed $7 in July and August from a company he didn't recognize. I found the name on his bank statement and called the 800 number that was listed with it to immediately cancel but I didn't have the information they requested.

I found their website online and tried to access my account since supposedly I am a member. I tried all email addresses that I have and none of them were in their system.

I went to the Connecticut BBB online and found a report on the company. It is actually listed under Webloyalty.com, Inc. in Norwalk, CT. According to that report the company sends at least three email notices to a customer during the free trial period including a billing reminder before the first service fee is billed. There were NEVER any emails received at any of my husband's email addresses (how could there be when none of the email addresses were recognized at the site for me to log in).

So far they have stolen $49 from my husband's bank account. I will be contacting the company and my bank tomorrow. I worry that it will be harder to resolve this complaint with the company since I have no idea what email address they supposedly have on file. My guess is that only a small portion of the $49 will ever be refunded as well.

Mary ellen
Irwin, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2004 10:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WLI-Reservation-Rewards/Norwalk-Connecticut-06848/WLI-Reservation-Rewards-Aka-Buyer-Assurance-Aka-Internet-Loyalty-Marketing-Group-LLC-Aka-105084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WLI Reservation Rewards

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Nothing is free

AUTHOR: Somewhere - (U.S.A.)

For all of you out there that have continually accepted this offer and continue to come on the web and bad mouth this company, why don't you read before you accept anything online!
hasn't anyone told all of you that nothing is free in life???? if you all are so internet savvy as you say then read before you accept anything and you won't have these kinds of problems!

AUTHOR: Mary ellen - (U.S.A.)

I contacted Reservation Rewards and informed them that we did not knowingly enroll with them. They said they would credit the last deduction. I informed them that I had done my research and knew what they were up to and they then said that they would make an exception and credit all monies they had taken. As of this date they have in fact credited us all that was due.