Complaint Review: WLI Reservation Rewards

• Submitted: Wed, September 24, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, April 05, 2004

• Reported By:Torrington Connecticut
WLI Reservation Rewards
101 Merritt 7 5th Floor Norwalk, Connecticut U.S.A.

WLI Reservation Rewards - Webloyalty.com. ripoff using popup enticement for a 10% discount on your next purchase Norwalk Connecticut

In June 2003 I ordered some business cards from Vistaprint.com. After submitting my order a popup came up offering 10% off my next order with Vistaprint. Being curious I clicked on this popup and entered my email address to receive this discount. Little did I know that $7.00 would be debited from my checking account every month for a "reservation service".

Every month since June $7.00 was debited from my checking account because WLI was able to access my billing information that I provided ONLY to Vistaprint. By clicking on the popup and entering my email address twice it gave them this access.

Because I used my debit card as the payment source for the Vistaprint transaction WLI reservation rewards attained & used this info as well. As a result, my credit union, from which the debit card was provided, was unable to access the name or phone number of the company that was billing me nor were they able to stop payment on the debit because it was not a check.

Therefore, in desperation I logged onto a search using the only information provided on my debit/checking history which was "WLIreservationR" as the billing source.

Thankfully, this badbusinessbureau.com site came up with a ripoff report on this exact company. The report provided a 1-800 number to call, which I did and I was able to cancel this "membership" and hopefully, according to the customer service rep., all the money debited since June will be refunded to me.

Thank you so much for providing this ripoff report service, otherwise, I don't know how I would have resolved this issue, short of cancelling my checking account & reopening it with a new account number.

Niantic, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2003 03:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WLI-Reservation-Rewards/Norwalk-Connecticut-06851/WLI-Reservation-Rewards-Webloyaltycom-ripoff-using-popup-enticement-for-a-10-discount-67505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WLI Reservation Rewards

AUTHOR: Ginger - (U.S.A.)

Please call the CORRECT number for Reservation Rewards: 888-688-5995.

While those of us at the 800 number feel badly that you have been ripped off, WE DO NOT have ANY affiliation with Reservation Rewards.

We are getting upwards of 30 calls a day from people who have called based on wrong numbers listed on this site, as well as people who have dialed incorrectly. Please dial the correct number carefully and THEN go get em.