Complaint Review: WLI Reservation Rewards

• Submitted: Sun, February 18, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, February 28, 2007

• Reported By:Fresno California
WLI Reservation Rewards
6 Corporate Dr. Suite 450, Shelton, Connecticut 06484 Shelton, Connecticut U.S.A.

WLI Reservation Rewards Ripoff fraudulent unauthorized account charges without permission Shelton Connecticut

*Author of original report: Everything is back!

*Author of original report: WLI returned my money

*Consumer Comment: Reservation Rewards

*Author of original report: ...

I had been waiting for any checks and other charges to go through so I can close my bank account with Washington Mutual. I made sure I had a few dollars left since I had not planned on using money from the account. Low and Behold! I checked my account ballance and I was charged by the bank for an overdraft charge of $27.00! I had no idea why since I had made sure there was about $8 left in the account. I checked and WLI*Reservation Rewards had charged me $10! I looked back and sure enough they had been charging me $10 for several months and I had never caught it! It just blended in with everything else! I will be calling WLI RR and Wamu ASAP to get this resolved. And will take RipOff Report's advice and see how that helps me.

Mary
Fresno, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2007 12:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WLI-Reservation-Rewards/Shelton-Connecticut-06484/WLI-Reservation-Rewards-Ripoff-fraudulent-unauthorized-account-charges-without-permission-236280. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WLI Reservation Rewards

Everything is back!

AUTHOR: Mary - (U.S.A.)

The bank has also returned the $27 overdraft fee since the dispute they filed against WLI Rapid Rewards was found legitimate and I got all my money back from WLI and from the bank.

WLI returned my money

AUTHOR: Mary - (U.S.A.)

I looked in my account and WLI has returned my $40 back to me. I called the bank that same day and they are now filing a dispute on my behalf. They were very nice about the situation were very sympathetic. The bank said if the money was returned, the bank will then remove dilinquency charges made prior.

Down side, I have yet to recieve an email from WLI Rapid Rewards regarding this situation or reference number.

Reservation Rewards

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

It is a sneaky deal they run, I got it when I did some shopping at Petco online.

Basically when you select the $10 off your next purchase it signs you up and tranfers your banking information from the original web site - kind of shakey in my opinion.

However, I did receive several e-mails from RR and one a week or so before I was to be billed for the first month's $10 cost. I called the toll-free and they have an automated cancellation service on there which I used, got the confirmation and was never charged. BTW I did use the $10 coupon next visit to Petco and saw the option to do it again but didn't.

The offer discounts on lots of things for the $10 a month, but not for me enough to justify the fee.

...

AUTHOR: Mary - (U.S.A.)

So, I called the number given to me on my banking transaction history (1-800-732-7031) And it was an automated answering service with "charges and billings" as options to select from.

I eventually spoke with an actual person, I got her name and extension number. She asked me if I had been recieving charges and asked if she was aware that these false charges had been made all over the nation. She said she will explain my charges to me.

I told her I had never authorized their company to charge or bill me. She said that I had and continued to explain that when I bought a gift from "Spilsbury.com" they asked if I would like to sign up for a $10 off my next item I purchased.

I said yes, I agreed to that, but it makes no sense that you're charging me $10 each month when 1) I haven't purchased anything since 2) What are the charges for? and 3) If you're taking $10 from me in the first place? It's a false statement of me recieving $10 off when I'm basically paying it back by your charges! AND THEN SOME!

I asked for all my money to be returned. She said it will be credited back to me within 3-5 working days and I will recieve an email with a reference number.

Next, because of this charge, I was also charged from my bank a $27 fee of overdraft charges. I will have to go to my bank in a few days to prove to them this was a fraudulent charge so they remove the fees off my account.

Don't use "Spilsbury.com"