Complaint Review: WLI Reservations Rewards - Shoppers Discount

• Submitted: Wed, June 27, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, June 27, 2007

• Reported By:Flagstaff Arizona
WLI Reservations Rewards - Shoppers Discount
wlireservationrewards.com Shelton, Connecticut U.S.A.

WLI Reservations Rewards - Shoppers Discount used sneaky tactics to enroll when purchasing online even if clicked no thanks box Shelton Connecticut

I ordered a car part online and when ordering had a ad to join WLI shoppers discount. Clicked no thanks and shortly afterwards thought the email address boxes were for the company ordering from so entered twice and enter. To my surprise saw a charge on my bank statement.

Called WLI and told them I did not want it and to cancel and they said it was a trial offer and would not be billed until July 3 or shortly thereafter. The following day checked my bank statement online and it was still pending. Went to my bank and it was to be paid that day.

So they put in to get paid earlier than they stated to try and get the money. I called them back and they said it was in a cancelled status and even if my bank tried to pay they would refuse it. I doubt that very much after the underhanded way they do business.

I will have to check tomorrow and most likely my bank will pay and then I will try to get them to reverse the charges and if not will get a hold of the Banking Commission and my attorney. Check your bank statements often and make sure all charges are legitimate.

John
Flagstaff, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2007 10:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WLI-Reservations-Rewards-Shoppers-Discount/Shelton-Connecticut-06484/WLI-Reservations-Rewards-Shoppers-Discount-used-sneaky-tactics-to-enroll-when-purchasing-257181. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WLI Reservations Rewards - Shoppers Discount

registered