Complaint Review: WLI Shopper Discount - WLI Reservation Rewards - WLI*RESERVATIONREWARDS

• Submitted: Fri, January 26, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, January 26, 2007

• Reported By:Opelousas Louisiana
WLI Shopper Discount - WLI Reservation Rewards - WLI*RESERVATIONREWARDS
P.O. Box 855 Shelton, Connecticut U.S.A.

WLI Shopper Discount WLI* Reservation Rewards WLI*RESERVATIONREWARDS Thru TigerDirect.com Unauthorized charges on my debit card after my purchase from TigerDirect.com Shelton Connecticut

My husband purchased computer pieces/parts from TigerDirect.com (which he's done many times before) and did not authorize TigerDirect.com to give his debit card number to anyone at any point.

In the same transaction to verify his debit card with TigerDirect.com for his purchase, WLI also authorized it for themselves. I see this in my Paypal debit card records. There was no time between authorizations, which means TigerDirect.com has some kind of agreement with WLI where they receive your payment information automatically/instantly when you pay for something at TigerDirect.com.

This was in December 2006 and all they authorized was $1.00 to verify the account at that point. Unfortunately, we never noticed this back then.

On 1/24/07 we noticed two charges from WLI, each for $10.00 and we had no clue what/who this was.

The charges are listed on our account exactly as

Of course, a quick googling of it brought up MANY complaints and informed me of what/who they are, so I contacted Paypal and they cancelled the debit card and advised me to mail in their dispute form. I'm sure these charges will be credited back to our account by Paypal.

Since WLI no longer has a valid debit card number, there will be no more debits, at least in this situation, from having used TigerDirect.com that is.

I fear just how easily our debit card number was passed from one to the other though, and will be filing a complaint with the FTC on both companies.

Check your online transactions often if you're an online buyer!

Opelousas, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2007 01:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WLI-Shopper-Discount-WLI-Reservation-Rewards-WLIRESERVATIONREWARDS/Shelton-Connecticut-06484/WLI-Shopper-Discount-WLI-Reservation-Rewards-WLIRESERVATIONREWARDS-Thru-TigerDirectcom-232764. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WLI Shopper Discount - WLI Reservation Rewards - WLI*RESERVATIONREWARDS