Complaint Review: WLI Shoppers Discount

• Submitted: Sun, October 07, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, October 07, 2007

• Reported By:Bay Minette Alabama
WLI Shoppers Discount
Reservationrewards.com Shelton, Connecticut U.S.A.

WLI Shoppers Discount $10 a month scam Shelton Connecticut

At the end of September, I noticed a $10 charge from our debit card. I went to the bank to fill out a dispute form only to be told this charge had been coming out of our account since May. The kind lady at my bank said it was WLI Shoppers Discount. After finding thier web site and calling them, they told me they could not verify my name, zip code, or email address.

I said "Well you manage to find my bank account each month, how are you doing that"? Only after I gave them my debit card info, did they find my "account". This involved serveral phone calls as I had to make sure my husband and daughter hadn't ordered any such service. They then informed me that if I cancelled the membership, I couldn't use their service anymore. I assured them I had never used the service ever, since I didn't even know I had it.

The WLI representative asked if I had ever checked a box when placing an internet order that said, "Save $10 on next order" or something similar. I had not, my husband had not. My daughter remembered ordering sheet music on line in April and checking a box which said "Recieve $10 of music free" The represnetative insisted this was when we signed up for this scam.

After much insistance, we were refunded all our money, which I am thankful for. This was a lesson in check your bank acct closely, and if it says "free" it most always will not be.

Nancy
Bay Minette, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2007 12:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WLI-Shoppers-Discount/Shelton-Connecticut-06484/WLI-Shoppers-Discount-10-a-month-scam-Shelton-Connecticut-277591. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WLI Shoppers Discount