Complaint Review: WLI Travel Values Plus

• Submitted: Wed, January 28, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, March 17, 2004

• Reported By:Thornville Ohio
WLI Travel Values Plus
Travel Values Plus 6 Corporate Drive, Suite 450 Shelton, CT 06484 Shelton, Connecticut U.S.A.

WLI Travel Values Plus Made unauthorized charges to my credit card--- apparently got my card information from another site. Shelton Connecticut

*Author of original report: WLI Travel Values Plus refunded all my money

*Author of original report: Parent company for WLI Travel Values Plus, avoid this site. Other partners of Webloyalty.com according to their web site include flowers.com, half.com, classmates.com, americangreetings.com, and priceline.com

Travel Values Plus apparently got credit card information from a site from which I purchased an item or service. I have never heard of Travel Values Plus, nor have I ever used whatever services they offer. At the present time their 800# is not receiving calls because of "extreme weather conditions".

The charges have been appearing on my credit card for several months and I did not notice them until today. I purchase several items online and missed the small monthly charge until I checked back over my invoices.

I want to know how Travel Values Plus got my card information so that I can go after that organization.

I have filed a complaint with the Ohio Attorney General's office and intend to persue this matter as far as I can.

Travel Values Plus is at least unethical and at worst an illegal ripoff business.

David
Thornville, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2004 02:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WLI-Travel-Values-Plus/Shelton-Connecticut-06484/WLI-Travel-Values-Plus-Made-unauthorized-charges-to-my-credit-card-apparently-got-my-ca-78401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WLI Travel Values Plus

WLI Travel Values Plus refunded all my money

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

After filing a Ripoff Report, filing with the Ohio Attorney General, and Feds and emailing the CEO, CFO and other executives I heard directly from Travel Values Plus and was promised a complete refund of several months $7 fees charged to my credit card. Sure enough my next credit card bill indicated a full refund. Don't know if my tirade caused the refund or if it is standard policy. Email from the CEO designated hitter says I didn't ask for a full refund from the operator who answered my first call.

Ask and you will receive, I guess.
I was able to contact Travel Values Plus today and they closed my "membership" and refunded my last payment of $7. However, I way not able to get a refund of the remaining payments I inadvertantly made. I did find the CEO of the parent company Webloyalty.com and plan to contact him: Richard Fernandes, email: rick@webloyalty.com. I have also filed a complete report with the Ohio Attorney General's office. My contact with Travel Values Plus was through cooking.com, so avoid this site. Other partners of Webloyalty.com according to their web site include flowers.com, half.com, classmates.com, americangreetings.com, and priceline.com so I will not be doing business with these sites either.