Complaint Review: WLI WEBLOYALTY.COM, ReservationRewards

• Submitted: Sun, March 05, 2006
  • Updated: Sun, March 05, 2006

• Reported By:Olney Maryland
WLI WEBLOYALTY.COM, ReservationRewards
101 MERRITT 7 STE 7 Norwalk, Maryland U.S.A.

Webloyalty Reservation, Rewards WLI Webloyalty.com Staples.com ripoff, scam, After placing an order with STAPLES.com, a charge for $9.00, month started showing up on my credit card. Norwalk And Shelton Maryland

I noticed an unfamiliar charge on my American Express credit card for:

RESERVATIONREWARDS 800-732-7031 CT $9.00
888-688-5995

I don't use this card except for places that give me discounts.

After doing a google search, I found a website discussing this as a common scam:

It seems that after you make a purchase with a seemingly reputable site, you are offered a discount. When you click on this, it automatically signs you up for this scam and all of your credit card and personal information is forwarded to the scam site. Nice!

American Express was quick to refund me for the charges.

I also contacted reservationrewards and asked them to refund me the charge that hadn't posted yet to my American Express card and to stop charging me. They quickly agreed.

I decided to try to figure out what company was associated with this scam, so I checked my previous month's statement and the only thing it could have been was Staples. When I went to Reservationrewards.com, I found that there is a link to "$10 STAPLES AWARD". I sent a complaint to Staples about their relationship with this company.

J.
, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2006 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WLI-WEBLOYALTYCOM-ReservationRewards/Norwalk-Maryland-06851-1060/Webloyalty-Reservation-Rewards-WLI-Webloyaltycom-Staplescom-ripoff-scam-After-placing-179400. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WLI WEBLOYALTY.COM, ReservationRewards