Complaint Review: WM Financial Group- Consumer's Reward Program Lottery

• Updated: Wed, September 03, 2008

• Reported By:East Liverpool Ohio
WM Financial Group- Consumer's Reward Program Lottery
, nationwide Canada

WM Financial Group- Consumer's Reward Program Lottery They said I won $39,000.00 and I was getting $3,900 in a lump sum from my total prize. They said I won the lottery that I was randomly picked through the computer. My family has decided to move back to Texas and I was so excited when I thought I had this money to help out. I took it to the bank and they said it was forged. Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: The reason why...

My husband and I have decided to move back to Texas for better paying jobs and to be with our family. We are hard for money since we got behind in our bills when my husband's foot was ranover by a train. He had to get half of his foot amputated. He was out of work for 6 months.

So I open this letter and it is a check for $3,900.00. I was so very excited. I thought we were actually going to get caught up on our bills.The letter also states that I actually won $39,000.00 and was just getting a lump sum of $3,900 for now. I called the 900 number and it was busy. So I called like four more times not even thinking of the phone bill. I usually throw things like that away, but it looked exactly like a cashier's check. It even had water marks. So I got my three kids ready and we went to the bank.

She tells me it is a forged cashier's check. I thought she was wrong so i called the bank it said it was from. I gave her the check number and she said it wsa void. I was so upset. Why would anyone do this to people?

Rachel
East Liverpool, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2008 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WM-Financial-Group-Consumers-Reward-Program-Lottery/nationwide/WM-Financial-Group-Consumers-Reward-Program-Lottery-They-said-I-won-3900000-and-I-was-369394. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WM Financial Group- Consumer's Reward Program Lottery

The reason why...

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

The reason why they did this to you was that they were hoping to get some money out of you.

They would have told you that you needed to pay taxes or administrative fees or something and to send it via Moneygram or Western Union. The scammer would then pick up the money and leave you with a bad check. The bank would then have reversed the $3900 and may even have pressed charges against you.

You were actually quite lucky.

magic