Complaint Review: WMV Match.com

• Reported By:Cardiff by the Sea California
WMV Match.com
Internet U.S.A.

WMV Match.com, Match.com Ripoff Internet thieves! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Did they get back to you?

*Consumer Suggestion: WMV*MATCH.COM

Do not give any kind of financial information to match.com. It takes an act of God to get out from under them. Even after I cancelled my account with Match.com and notified my credit card provider, they still are trying to bill me some 6 months later and now, even MBNA (the card provider that I have had business with for 19 years) is making it difficult to get things undone. Match.com are in fact criminals and you would do better to go down to the local pub and try your luck there.

Jay
Cardiff by the Sea, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2006 04:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WMV-Matchcom/internet/WMV-Matchcom-Matchcom-Ripoff-Internet-thieves-Internet-188363. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WMV Match.com

Did they get back to you?

AUTHOR: Jenny - (U.S.A.)

We just had the same thing happen to us, unauthorized charges. Did the company ever get back to you?

#2 Consumer Suggestion

WMV*MATCH.COM

AUTHOR: Upset Consumer - (U.S.A.)

I have two charges for $49.96 and $44.96 from wmv*match.com. They were also credited back the same day. I called the number on my credit card statement and it was match.com. The girl informed me that this is the address for domestic match.com. She gave me an email address executiveteam@match.com to file a report and to get information from the charges. She stated the account was blocked and the fraud was caught. That is why they credited my account the same day.

I wrote the Executive Team and hope to hear something back to nail these people that placed the charges. I don't have high hopes because I have had fraudulent charges before and got nowhere with any of the companies that I or my local police department contacted. Due to the privacy act they say they can't tell me. Without the information of the state it was charged in you can't even get a subpoena. There is no justice in this country anymore unless you are the criminal. So people continue to feel helpless when someone invades your privacy and takes your credit card information. Because I have found so far that 100% of the time you can't do anything about it. The criminal knows how much to charge to make them safe. Most of them stay under $50.00 and hope you don't notice. But in time all of the under $50.00 charges become huge and you hope you have the right credit card company that doesn't hold you responsible. It just gets old canceling credit card after credit card. I will update IF I get anywhere with this company with their integrity to do the right thing.