Complaint Review: WORLD MOVING SERVICES

• Submitted: Mon, September 08, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, September 08, 2008

• Reported By:casa grande Arizona
WORLD MOVING SERVICES
6306 NW 9TH AVE Fort Lauderale, Florida U.S.A.

WORLD MOVING SERVICES,STEPHEN PHILLIPS, COLETTE GOODMAN lied to me Fort Lauderale Florida

On July 27,2008 World Moving & Storage came to pick up my furniture from Detroit I moved to Arizona. When the truck pulled up in front of my house it was Olympic Moving & Storage. They brokered my jov to them, and did not let me know this. I could not CXL because I would have lost the $1068.00 deposit. I never realized I would never see my belongings again.

I followed the truck to the scale. My price was quoted by weight. I only weighed 3400 lbs. They quoted me at 3945 lbs. One week later Olympic Moving & Storage told me I weighed 5140 lbs. A lot of the things I told them I was taking I did not put on the truck.

It ended up where they said that I owed them $1098.00 more than I was quoted. So now I am in a new state starting over with nothing. Nationwide Movers called me on August 27,2008 and stated that my furniture was in California on it's way to Arizona, and did I have the balance owed.

I told them no, they said that they would put my furniture in storage, and I had to pay storage fees, also I would not be entitled to a reweigh. Basically my son and I have nothing now. We are sitting on the floor and sleeping in an airbed.

I gave my deposit to World Moving Services, Olympic Moving & Storage picked up my furniture, Nationwide Movers had my furniture in California. No one has gotten in touch with me and I can't get in touch with them.

I don't know were my belongings are, and I probablly won't see them again. Don't use this company if you want to keep your things. I wished I had never left Detroit. They have turned my life into a nightmare.

If you want to move from one state to another, move your things yourself. I'm going to pray for them because one day there luck will run out, and they will have to pay for what they are doing to innocent people.

Shelly
casa grande, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2008 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WORLD-MOVING-SERVICES/Fort-Lauderale-Florida-33309/WORLD-MOVING-SERVICESSTEPHEN-PHILLIPS-COLETTE-GOODMAN-lied-to-me-Fort-Lauderale-Florida-370816. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WORLD MOVING SERVICES