Complaint Review: WORLDCOM WIRELESS / N1

• Submitted: Mon, November 26, 2001
  • Updated: Mon, November 26, 2001

• Reported By:Enola PA
WORLDCOM WIRELESS / N1
P/O BOX 5211 NEW YORK, New York U.S.A.

WORLDCOM WIRELESS SCAM

*0:

In Jan 2001, I agreed to have Worldcom send me a cel-phone for introduction. After looking at the area of service I decided that this was not the area that I wanted and that to include the extra area would cost me more that some other competitors. I called the "800" number and received instructions on returning the phone and closing the account.

In June 2001 I received a bill for services going back to January, and after exhaustive attempts finally got through to the Customer service office at 1-800-254-8991. They agreed, after checking their records, that the bill was in error and that the account would be credited and closed.

Last Wednesday 11/21/01 I received another bill telling me that I was two weeks late on my payment, I again started calling the three 800 numbers that were enclosed finally reaching "James" this morning. He informed me that my account was closed 0n July 5, 2001, but this bill was dated November 15, 2001.

He had no explaination for the billing. What scares me about this "bill" is that it is a photocopy of a bill, and a very bad one to boot. It has smeared toner, was printed on 8 1/2 X 11 paper and then trimed with sissors to size. Not very professional for a company with "worldcom" stature.

To me it looks like a rip-off. I will never again subscribe to a "Worldcom" sponsered offer and will think twice at a "MCI" offer since they are linked together.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WORLDCOM-WIRELESS-N1/NEW-YORK-New-York-10087-5211/WORLDCOM-WIRELESS-SCAM-8143. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WORLDCOM WIRELESS / N1