Complaint Review: WORLDCOM WIRLESS, INC.

• Submitted: Wed, December 12, 2001
  • Updated: Wed, December 12, 2001

• Reported By:new smyrna beaech fla
WORLDCOM WIRLESS, INC.
PO BOX 5211 NEW YORK, New York U.S.A.

worldcom wireless ripoff

my daughter got a cell phone and pager from worldcom wireless inc. worldcom wireless, inc po box 5211 new york, ny 10087-5211
this is their story; I had received something in the mail for a cell phone in the mail.

I decided to go for it. Within about 5 weeks they set me the phone in the mail and I got the basic package. I was with their service for almost a year. About two months ago Some one from worldcom called me and said they needed to reprogram my phone with the new area code.

I told them it had already been done. They wanted to go ahead and do it any way just to make sure. That was a very big mistake!!!!!!!!!! They had also send us a pager which never worked to begin with.

When they told me to go through the process of reprograming the phone they told me to enter a number. That number was supposed to be my cell number, but instead they had me enter my pager number.

Which, of course, causing a cell phone not to work. For the weekend I was without a phone. The following monday I decided to call them to have my phone fixed.

Well, when I called I got a computerized message telling me that due to a high volume of calls, all customer service represenatives were busy and that if I needed to talk to one of them to call back at a later time.

I was off one day and decided to call them and I was on hold for over an hour. I finally got tired of being on hold so I hung up.

I am hardly ever at home because I work very odd hours and having a cell phone is the only way most people can ever get a hold of me. After a week of no cell phone the idiots at worldcom realized what they did.

They left two numbers to call to have the problem fixed. They first number was to some shipping place. So I called the other number. I was on the phone with them for three and a half hours, three of which I was on hold (no joke).

They finally got the problem fixed, or so I thought. Before I could even thank them they hung up. I decided to call my mother to tell her my phone worked again.

At which piont I realized my phone still did not work. I could not call anybody with it and when someone tried to call me it said that I was not available.

Now every time I call them to have my service cancelled I get the automated voice telling me that every operater is busy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WORLDCOM-WIRLESS-INC/NEW-YORK-New-York-10087-5211/worldcom-wireless-ripoff-9157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WORLDCOM WIRLESS, INC.

involves