Complaint Review: WORLDCOM

WORLDCOM
Nationwide U.S.A.

MCi WORLDCOM DECEPTION

*UPDATE Employee: WorldCom Wireless Is A reseller

I AM CONVINCED WORLDCOM IS INTENTIONALLY DELAYING BILLS TO LURE CUSTOMERS INTO THINKING THEY ARE NOT INCURRING OVERCHARGES.

I DID NOT RECEIVE A BILL FOR OVER 3 MONTHS. tHEN, W'COM SHUT OFF MY SERVICE WITH NO NOTICE. UPON CALLING THEM, THEY APOLOGIZED AND QUOTED A 3 MONTH FEE OF 160. WHICH WAS A BIT MORE THAN EXPECTED BUT, I SUPPOSED, TAXES AND ETC RIP OFF.THIS BILL WAS PAID ELECTRONICALLY. iMMEDIATELY AFTER, WITHIN 2 WKS, I RECD A BILL FOR 88 DOLLARS, OF WHICH 44 WAS REDUNDANT.

WHAT I DID NOT KNOW WAS THAT ALL THROUGH THIS TIME PERIOD THEY WERE CHARGING ME FOR "ROAMING" CALLS BUT NOT BILLING ME, SO I DID NOT KNOW THESE CHARGES WERE ACCRUEING. [ACTUALLY, NOT ME, BUT MY HUSBAND. HE DOESNT PAY MUCH ATTENTION TO THIS STUFF.]

WITHIN THE LAST MONTH,I HAVE RECEIVED 4 BILLS WITH "ROAMING" AND "LONG DISTANCE" CHARGES TOTALLING 700 DOLLARS. 3 WEEKS AGO I GOT A BILL FOR MID DECEMBER THRU MID JAN WITH 200. ROAMING AND LD CHARGES. THEN TODAY I GOT ANOTHER BILL FOR THE SAME TIME PERIOD!WITH ANOTHER 200.IN ROAMING AND LD CHARGES.

THIS SOUNDS COMPLICATED AND IT IS.IN FACT IT IS TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO FIGURE WHAT THE HELL THESE BILLS ARE AND WHAT AND WHERE THE CHARGES ARE FROM..MY POINT IS, I THINK WORLDCOM IS MANIPULATIING AND DELAYING BILLS AND POSSIBLY OVERCHARGING,AND AT THE VERY LEAST, THEY ARE GUILTY OF CRIMINaL INEPTITUDE. I WILL NOT BE SURPISED IF WORLDCOM IS ANOTHER ENRON.

Cindy
Andes, New york

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WORLDCOM/nationwide/MCi-WORLDCOM-DECEPTION-14565. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WORLDCOM

WorldCom Wireless Is A reseller

AUTHOR: S - ()

I know you want a full name to post comments, but i don't feel comfortable doing that still working for the company. I just would like to let people know that worldcom wireless is a reseller. We sell service for Sprint, Verizon, SBC Ameritech, etc. but since we resell, when the billing period is over, we can't immediately generate a bill for our customers. We have to wait for those companies to send us the minute usage and then we have to process that information, which takes us an extra month to do so. As for roaming charges, those are presented to us by the carrier that picked up your signal while you were roaming, and are not sent to us sometimes for up to 3 billing cycles later.