• Submitted: Fri, April 04, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, April 04, 2008

• Reported By:W. Hlwd. California
160 SW 12 Ave Suite 102 Deerfield Beach, FLorida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 954-571-7990
  • Web:
  • Category: Lodging

WORLDWIDE TRAVEL CENTER Listen to your inner voice & don't ignore the red flags! Deerfield Beach Florida

I'm glad I listened to my inner voice, didn't ignore the red flags, and checked with ripoff report before I mailed off my money and credit card information!
I phoned the company to make my reservation. The agent (obviously from India, but falsely claimed she was located in "Florida") told me her computer could only bring up available reservation dates in Nevada and Arizona due to a computer glitch. She said my only option was to mail my reservation form request in.
In direct conflict with the instructions on the reservation form, she told me I had to include a $50 check, along with a handwritten statement as follows:

"I, ______(my name), the undersigned, authorize __________ (they fill in name) hotel to charge my credit card_____________(enter my credit card information) for the required security deposit."

This reeks of FRAUD for customers to be forced to give an undisclosed hotel free reign to charge your credit card for unauthorized charges, just in order to have your vacation package honored!!!
There are so many complaints on ripoff report against this obviously unscrupulous company, I have no intention of mailing my reservation form in.
Instead, I plan to file a complaint with lawyers and settlements.
I suggest all of you file a complaint with this website, as you may be contacted by an attorney. Cite the complaints on ripoffreport.com, and suggest a "class action lawsuit."
Also, file a complaint with your local Better Business Bureau, and contact your Attorney General and request that they file criminal charges against this company for fraud, theft, misrepresentation, and bad business practices.
Thanks to all the others who posted warnings about this company and saved us from becoming potential victims of this company.

W. Hlwd., California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2008 12:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WORLDWIDE-TRAVEL-CENTER/Deerfield-Beach-FLorida-33442/WORLDWIDE-TRAVEL-CENTER-Listen-to-your-inner-voice-dont-ignore-the-red-flags-Deerfield-323560. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WORLDWIDE TRAVEL CENTER