Complaint Review: WPI Friends

• Submitted: Wed, April 04, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, May 10, 2007

• Reported By:richmond Virginia
WPI Friends
Lake Worth, Florida U.S.A.

WPI Friends Fraudulent credit card charges I have never heard of them, ripoff! Lake Worth Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Reply from iFriends

*Consumer Comment: Call the 800 number

I noticed on my online banking that this company has been charging 5.95 to my account at random times of the month and I have never heard of them. Ripoff report has shown me that I am not alone. WPI claims to have a spotless 11 year record, but clearly they are charging money without consent.

Someone needs to take legal action against them. They claim that their website has "prominent icons and multiple clickthroughs, in any instance in which a customer will incur charges.", however if that is so, I think i might remember it. I just want my money back and for WPI Friends to make profit in a honest way.

Jeremy
richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2007 09:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WPI-Friends/Lake-Worth-Florida/WPI-Friends-Fraudulent-credit-card-charges-I-have-never-heard-of-them-ripoff-Lake-Worth-242413. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WPI Friends

Reply from iFriends

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

After Jeremy posted the above RipOffReport complaint, we were able to locate his account with iFriends. The iFriends account to which Jeremy refers was created in January of this year. In the process of creating the account, Jeremy's name, billing address, email address, credit card information, and other personal information were entered. This information was independently verified by Visa.

While the standard iFriends membership carries no charge, Jeremy affirmatively chose to enroll in the upgraded iFriends Elite membership when he created his account. This membership carries a monthly charge. This charge was clearly and conspicuously disclosed in advance, and Jeremy participated in numerous click-throughs to indicate his acknowledgement and consent to the monthly charge. Since Jeremy's complaint indicates that he does not use the service and does not wish to have a membership with iFriends, we have cancelled the account and have refunded all charges which were billed to him.

We provide a link to email and telephone contact information on every page of our website, and every charge that we bill includes the toll-free telephone number at which we can be contacted, if the user has any questions about the charge or about his account. Despite this, Jeremy never contacted us to question the charges which had appeared on his bill. Had he done so, we would have been happy to immediately refund the charges and cancel the account. If Jeremy has any further questions or concerns, we encourage him to contact our Customer Care Department at 1-800-243-9726. Representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Our company has a spotless 11-year-record with all of the leading consumer protection agencies, and we are an industry leader in the development of model online consumer best practices. Every one of our web services is verified by TRUSTe to be on its sealholder list of "the most trustworthy online businesses." All prices and terms on our service are clearly and conspicuously disclosed, including use of prominent icons and multiple clickthroughs, in any instance in which a customer will incur charges. In addition, our "Customer is Always Right" policy ensures that we take action sufficient to obtain each customer's complete satisfaction, including making refunds for any charges which a customer has incurred but disputes.

Call the 800 number

AUTHOR: Lori - (U.S.A.)

I have to admit, I had my doubts, however, when the same thing happened to my nephew I was pleasantly surprised that they fixed the error immediately. One phone call should get it reversed without any more hassle.

Good Luck!