Complaint Review: WPI Friends,ifriends.com, Ifriends, Ifriendsv2, Ifriendsv2.com, IFriends Network,WP Associates, Wpi

• Submitted: Sat, May 22, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, May 26, 2010

• Reported By: Rak — Chicago Illinois United States of America

WPI Friends,ifriends.com, Ifriends, Ifriendsv2, Ifriendsv2.com, IFriends Network,WP Associates, Wpi Unauthorized charges Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Reply from iFriends

Hi,

I had recently viewed my credit card statement online(I view it daily) and I noticed a charge from this company. It states that the individuals charged me for $1.00 and $9.95 fortunately as I was reading the other reports on this company no other services are acquired. I believe ether the company somehow got my account number or someone is charging money to my credit card. I have contacted IFRIENDS directly and the customer service representative has stated that "she had canceled my account, but did not mention anything about giving my money back something I had asked previously. I am an University Professor and I do not engage in this behavior, so I would like to get to the bottom of this. I do not want to jump to any conclusions or accusations about how they got my card. All I want is my money back for services I did not use. Based on the emails I recieved the screenname apparently that I used was dabhoi9.  Please help me out.

Thanks,

Rak

CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here. Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action. And good luck Let us know how you do! ED Magedson Founder RipoffReport.com Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2010 04:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WPI-Friendsifriendscom-Ifriends-Ifriendsv2-Ifriendsv2com-IFriends-NetworkWP-Associates-Wpi/internet/WPI-Friendsifriendscom-Ifriends-Ifriendsv2-Ifriendsv2com-IFriends-NetworkWP-Associ-606211. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WPI Friends,ifriends.com, Ifriends, Ifriendsv2, Ifriendsv2.com, IFriends Network,WP Associates, Wpi

Reply from iFriends

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

Rak has previously been in contact with our Customer Care department via email.  After contacting us to let us know that his card was used without his authorization, we immediately cancelled the account and took steps to ensure that Rak would not be billed for the unauthorized charges.  The amounts detailed by Rak - $1.00 and $9.95 were only authorizations, and have been refunded.  He has not been and will not be billed.

If Rak has any further questions, we urge him to contact us directly at 1-800-243-9726.