Complaint Review: WPI / IFRIENDS - WPI*IFRIENDS

• Submitted: Mon, March 27, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, March 30, 2006

• Reported By:Newport Minnesota
WPI / IFRIENDS - WPI*IFRIENDS
7765 Lake Worth Road, Suite 341 Lake Worth, Florida U.S.A.

WPI IFRIENDS WPI*IFRIENDS ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing Lake Worth Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Reply from iFriends/Webpower

I was sent to WPI / IFRIENDS via a link to view someones personal, private account. I found it hard to find this persons site. To view the the profile I was told that first I needed to enter my credit card number to establish that I was of age. I did not agree to any charges or any fee's of any sort what so ever.

A few weeks had went by and I usually receive a statement from my credit card company with a zero balance, not this time. This statement had a balance of $13.94 ($1.00+$2.99+$9.95). At first I did not know what it was for, but then remembered using my credit card for age verification on WPI ifriends to view someones personal videochat. Since I never use my credit card on the net I thought that maybe I misread or misunderstood something and I paid the balance in full. I just received another statement this month, with a new balance of $9.95. At this point I am irritated because I may have made a mistake once but have not been to WPI ifriends since that first and only time and I know that I did not agree to a monthly billed service of any type.

I am now contacting the credit card company, and the Better Business Bureau, and continue to try and get my money back from WPI ifriends, and I also want to try to warn others of this dishonest company's popular rip-off. Maybe the $24.00 in fees seem silly - but it's the principal! A so called business as this which makes a ton of profit has to do it in this manner and I see I am not the only one that they have done this to so beware. I hope this letter and my actions keeps this from happening to others and helps me rightfully receive a refund. Thank you

Gary
Newport, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2006 12:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WPI-IFRIENDS-WPIIFRIENDS/Lake-Worth-Florida-33467/WPI-IFRIENDS-WPIIFRIENDS-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-billing-Lake-Worth-Florida-183498. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WPI / IFRIENDS - WPI*IFRIENDS

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

While we always respect a customer's interpretation of events, the scenario described in Gary's complaint is not one that, in practical fact, could have occurred in connection with any of our web-based services. Our company has a spotless 10-year-record with all of the leading consumer protection agencies, and is well-recognized as an industry leader in the development of model consumer best practices in its internet business segment. Every one of our web services is verified by TRUSTe to be on its sealholder list of "the most trustworthy online businesses"

Since becoming aware of the above RipOffReport complaint, we have been in contact with Gary via email and the matter has been resolved to his satisfaction. Should there be any further questions or concerns, Gary can contact our Customer Support Department 24/7 by calling 1-800-243-9726.