Complaint Review: WPI IFRIENDS

*Consumer Comment: WPI Ifriends

*Author of original report: WPI IFRIENDS

*UPDATE Employee: Reply from iFriends

I live Nigeria and I surf the internet often
I noticed a charge on my mastercard account
by the WPI IFRIENDS.

I never visited this company' website,I don't know
their website I don't even know anything about them.

The following charges appeared on my account and
was deducted from Bank account
3rd Oct,2008 $1.00
3rd Oct,2008 $3.97
10th Nov,2008 $4.97
12th Nov, $22.00

Total= $31.94 This is a lot of money in my country
I tried contact them since I don't even know their
whereabout,and the Tel number I discover online
is a toll free that is not working from Nigeria.

I want further charges to my accounts to be stopped
immediately,and a refund of $31.94 be made to my
account immediately,since I ve not bought anything
from the company,let them stop this fraudulent acts
now.

My name is Olawale ****
My Billing Address is (((redacted)))

Phyric
Ilorin
Nigeria

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2008 02:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WPI-IFRIENDS/internet/WPI-IFRIENDS-Fraudulents-Charges-To-My-Mastercard-Internet-395901. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WPI IFRIENDS

WPI Ifriends

AUTHOR: Sport10617 - (U.S.A.)

I have been a Ifriends customer for 8 years. They have been dead on accurate with all my dealing with them. They go above and beyond the call of duty to make sure you are treated right. Thats the good. But you also have to be very alert with this company because they dont make a living on free. They got rent just like the rest of us. This web site is set up with free areas to sell you the product just like anyone trying to sell you a product. All their premium content is EXTREMLY expensive and you must read all the Terms of service on special memberships. Using care and being alert will keep you from being very dissapointed when yr credit statement come in.

WPI IFRIENDS

AUTHOR: Phyric - (Nigeria)

All the money totalling $56 was refunded to
my bank accoun
Thanks so much to RipoffReport

Olawale

Reply from iFriends

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

Using the information provided on RipOffReport by Olawale, we located his account with iFriends. We have cancelled his account and have refunded the charges that were billed to him. If Olawale has any further questions or concerns, we strongly encourage him to contact our Customer Care Department by sending an email to help (at) ifriends.net.

When Olawale created his account from Nigeria, he affirmatively chose to enroll in the upgraded iFriends Elite membership. The regular iFriends membership is free, but the Elite membership that Olawale chose to access has a monthly charge associated with it. This charge was clearly and conspicuously disclosed in advance, and Olawale actively chose to create his account with the Elite membership. Additionally, Olawale chose to create a membership to access a separate area of premium content this is the reason for the $22 charge that he saw.

As stated above, all charges have been refunded, and the account has been cancelled. Olawale should see the refunds to his bank account in 7 to 10 business days.

Our company has an exemplary 11-year-record with all of the leading consumer protection agencies, and we are "best in class" in our industry in the development of model online consumer best practices. Every one of our web services is verified by TRUSTe to be on its sealholder list of the most trustworthy online businesses.