Complaint Review: WPI*IFRIENDS

WPI*IFRIENDS
USA USA, Florida U.S.A.

WPI*IFRIENDS WPI*IFRIENDS ON MY CHECKING ACCT. - FRAUD!!! USA Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Reply from iFriends

This company charged my checking account on two charges, $6.95 and $5.95. These charges were applied, some how, from this company getting my debit card number (SCARY!). I called the company to report this and asked for a copy of my enrollment from what they claimed I enrolled. This is a site I have never even heard of, not sure of even what this site deals with. They said I would have to write a letter to receive this information but agreed to cancel this and refund my account.

I have spoken to my claims department at my bank and I am very disgusted with this type of business and cannot even believe that companies can get away with such a big scheme as this one!

Alice
Hilliard, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2007 03:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WPIIFRIENDS/USA-Florida/WPIIFRIENDS-WPIIFRIENDS-ON-MY-CHECKING-ACCT-FRAUD-USA-Florida-291679. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WPI*IFRIENDS

Reply from iFriends

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

We are greatly concerned about Alice's recount of the charges she received. Unfortunately, because she did not provide very many individual details, we could not find the account in question. Alice stated in her report that she had contacted our company and that the account has been cancelled and refunds have been processed. If Alice has any further questions, we strongly urge her to contact our Customer Care department (which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and can be reached by calling 1-800-243-9726) and ask to speak to a supervisor.

Because Alice states that she has never heard of our website, it is possible that someone may have fraudulently used Alice's personal information to create the iFriends account. We strongly encourage her to work with her bank and other associated financial institutions to take steps to protect her identity in the future. We work diligently with banks and law enforcement agencies to help apprehend anyone committing credit card fraud or identity theft.

Our company has an exemplary 11-year-record with all of the leading consumer protection agencies, and we are an industry leader in the development of model online consumer best practices. Every one of our web services is verified by TRUSTe to be on its sealholder list of "the most trustworthy online businesses."

engineer