Complaint Review: WPI*IFRIENDSV2 - WPI*IFRIENDS NCL

• Updated: Tue, October 13, 2009

• Reported By: Dollie — Internet USA
WPI*IFRIENDSV2 - WPI*IFRIENDS NCL
www.ifriendsv2.com Internet United States of America

WPI*IFRIENDSV2 - WPI*IFRIENDS NCL IFRIENDSV2 WMI IFRIENDS - Fraudulent charges Internet

*Author of original report: Update: Response to iFriends troll

* : Reply from iFriends

I discovered a $1 charge for "WPI IFRIENDS" on my bank statement and questioned the charge with my bank.  I found that they had flagged the charge last week as possibly fraudulent and put a hold on my credit card because of it.

Before one of IFRIENDS condescending reps gets on here and posts a rebuttal telling me I need to talk to my husband or other members of the household because they are blameless, I want to clear one thing up.

Yes, adult sites were browsed, but NOT IFRIENDS.  I'm an IT tech and know what to look for on a computer.  I researched this yesterday, and found one reference on my computer for it.  A script advertising their site was loaded on another website.  That's it, nothing in history, nothing in temporary files (which go back to 2006 tyvm).  The charge wasn't on my husband's card, it was on MINE.  I did not authorize this charge, and I'd like to know where the h*** they got my information.

I got the $1 refunded back to my account by my very efficient bank.  I have yet to hear from IFRIENDS and it's been more than 24 hours.

Yes, it's only a dollar and most people don't raise as much cain over it, but if they do this to a couple million people, and a million people ignore or don't notice the $1 charge, guess how much money they made off the fraud?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2009 08:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WPIIFRIENDSV2-WPIIFRIENDS-NCL/internet/WPIIFRIENDSV2-WPIIFRIENDS-NCL-IFRIENDSV2-WMI-IFRIENDS-Fraudulent-charges-Internet-486521. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WPI*IFRIENDSV2 - WPI*IFRIENDS NCL

Update: Response to iFriends troll

AUTHOR: Dollie - (USA)

Oh darn, you couldn't find an account? Maybe because there ISN'T ONE?

I'm sorry, I'm not gullible enough to call and give you enough information to find some account that doesn't exist so you can charge my card even more.

You can deal with the fraud investigation instead.  My bank flagged this when it came through, they knew it was questionable to begin with because of an ongoing investigation within the industry.

This is no longer my problem.  It's yours.  Any further charges to the card in question will only result in more troubles for you, iFriends.

#2

Reply from iFriends

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

We couldnt find an account that matched Dollies description of the problem so well answer as best we can without having specifics to look at.

Dollie, could you please give us a call so that we can find the account?  We want to make certain that its cancelled and your information is blocked.  Our toll-free number is 1-800-243-9726, and were open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.  If you prefer, you can ask to speak to a supervisor when you call, although any of our representatives can help you.

The reason that you saw a $1 authorization or charge on your card is because someone created an iFriends account with that card number.  If neither you nor your husband recall setting up the account, then it might be a good idea to have your bank issue you a new card with a new number, just to be safe.

We take our customers opinions seriously and we want to make sure that each customer is completely satisfied with our services.